RC51 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i need to buy a new stator to my bike and regulator also , the regulator seems to be the same kind what ever year your bike is but there is few different looking stators on eBay for example my bike is vtr1000 sp1 2001 ,

so you guys think i can buy the electrosports stator made for 2000,2001,2002 and 2003 models ?

My bike been standing on its sidestand almost whole summer cause I did not figure out the problem and after that i had zero time trying to get the parts , here an Honda dealer made offer for 1200 euros for stator and regulator OEM but those are for 250 euros on ebay so 1200 euros sounded way too much for me

Appreciate all help and tips , thanks guys in advance my summer is soon over here in north 😑

·
Registered
RC51 SP-1
57 Posts
Hi, The SP2 stator can also be used with SP1.
The dealer's OEM price of 1200 euros is exorbitant.
I doubt the performance of compatible products. The sources all look like the same Chinese product, and the resin protects is poor.
How about the option of repairing instead of purchasing a complete one?
I think we should look for a factory that can be rewound. For example, Germany's KEDO is rewinding the Yamaha XT.
By the way, in Japan, there are no craftsmen who can rewind other than kawasaki Z and CB750, so many people buy wires and wind them by themselves. It seems that it is not difficult unexpectedly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have experienced the same problem. I went with the OEM stator because after enquiring about rewinding the original I found out that it was more expensive than a new unit. I don't know if that is the case for your country. I also looked at the aftermarket offerings and they didn't look as nice as the original. My system failed as a result of high resistance in the connectors. It seems to be a common problem. I purchased a mosfet regulator rectifier which is superior to the original. It was supplied with a new connector for the bike's wiring harness as well as the one on the regulator rectifier wiring. I would recommend using di-electric grease on the connectors as well to help avoid the same problem with high resistance due to corrosion in the future. Be careful of the units on ebay. Some say that they are a replacement for a mosfet unit, but that only means that they will replace it. It doesn't mean that they are a mosfet type. Hope this helps. Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts