RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering (from people that have ridden both) which would win, handling wise, out of an sp2 which is standard or an sp1 with the kyle link installed. which one handles better?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
That's a pretty open ended question, because everybody has a different perception of good handling characteristics...the way I see it a good handling bike is just that a good handling bike.

Take one really good handling bike with a good rider and then take an ill handling bike with a better rider on it.

My money would be on the well set up bike, good handling bikes are just easier to ride. A less fatigued rider means better focus and end result probably faster lap times.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
There is a reason the sp2 came out. And it was more than a revised linkage.

The sp1 is quite stiff and it bit me riding at the track. Imo the sp1 will have more of a line than a grey area at the riding limit between rubber side down and up.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Have to agree with kwtoxman, there's a reason for the improvements on the SP2. Nothing says that both can't benefit from some tweaks and $$ though. As to which would win? the only way to tell is set up both exactly the same and with the same rider, then compare the track details. Pretty sure the 2 would best the 1, but it would be marginal I think. Too close for me to feel or tell the difference with my abilities that's for sure.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts