RC51 Forums banner

281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Burst garden cherry tomato sauce spaghetti. In these cooks I used linguine noodles instead of spaghetti. There are three varieties of cherry tomatoes including the highly rated sun sugar (orange). When plating I added fresh hand grated grana padano cheese on a few plates and powdered grana padano on the other two plates, plus fresh basil (some plates have Thai purple basil).

More fresh garden cucumbers with salt, vinegar and 4 peppercorn grind.

This is fresh from the garden bok choy (two types). I wok cooked/steamed them with fresh garlic and a bit of oyster sauce.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok, I'll give it a try...

Indian chicken massala/curry with long beans (?) rice and sweat&sour cucumber.

What you'll need for preparing the chicken massala:

Chicken (1 - 1,5 kg)
Onions (5-6)
Garlic (3-4 small pieces)
Indian massala/curry powder
Salt and pepper
Oil

What you'll need for the long beans:

Ofcourse long beans
Salt and pepper
A little bit of oil

Lets get started:

Boil the rice as you like.

Cut the long beans into little pieces
Cut the chicken
Chop the onions into very small pieces

Heat the oil and when it is het put the garlic and onions in. After a while, put the chicken in. Also put the salt (about 2-3 spoons, as you like) and a few pinches of pepper.
If you like it hot, you can also put some fresh peppers in it, I don't do that.

When the chicken is starting to get white, make some space in the middle to put a few spoons of the massala/curry powder.

After that, drain the oil. And put it in the oven to keep it warm (60 degrees Celcius or so) while preparing the long beans.

Put 2 or 3 spoons of oil and the long beans in the same wok as the chicken (don't clean it), put salt and pepper on it as much as you prefer.

When it get a bright green color it is almost finished, taste it, must have a small bite.

This is the basic recepy for the sweat and sour cucumber, you'll need:
1 cucumber
500ml a bit warm water
8-10 spoons of vinegar
8-10 spoons of sugar
4 thea spoons of salt

Put the water in a bowl, stirr the vinegar, salt and sugar through it. You'll have to taste it and add the things you want (sugar/vinegar) to make it perfect for you. Add the cucumber and let it rest in the fridge for a day.

This is the end result, onions with the oil is also a sort of sauce. Maybe you'll have to try it a few times to get it as perfect as you like. But, I know you'll enjoy it...

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #284 (Edited)
That looks and sounds top notch @Ghetto Bassie! I really enjoy massala and adding cucumbers in a sandwich sounds like a great complimentary contrast. Great suggestion.

Red wine and shallot marinated beef kabobs.

Jalapeno and tequila marinated beef kabobs.

Cooked brussel sprouts in salt, pepper and olive oil, served with coarse sea salt edamame.

Tianjin style steam-fry pork dumplings served with garden leek onion/stalk and sambal olek sauce.

Enjoy the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
That looks and sounds top notch @Ghetto Bassie! I really enjoy massala and adding cucumbers in a sandwich sounds like a great complimentary contrast. Great suggestion.

Red wine and shallot marinated beef kabobs.

Jalapeno and tequila marinated beef kabobs.

Cooked brussel sprouts in salt, pepper and olive oil, served with coarse sea salt edamame.

Tianjin style steam-fry pork dumplings served with garden leek onion/stalk and sambal olek sauce.

Enjoy the weekend.
I can tell you that you must watch out that you don't eat your fingers with it... :grin2:

I got the recepy from a collegue of mine (with his roots in Surinam) about 18 years ago. Still make it a few times a year. My collegue always makes it with chicken legs and wings and uses peppers (thought madame jeanette peppers) to make it spicey. I don't like the bones, so I use chicken breasts.

After some try-outs (with less ingredients to start with), I got it right for me.(how much salt/pepper I have to use). It is really something to try out. Enjoy...

Must say that those kabobs also look fingerlicking good... ��

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Orange & ginger spice cedar plank salmon from the Weber Summit grill.

Leftover salmon on Raincoast cranberry crackers.

Fresh from the garden martini cucumber with 4 peppercorn grind, salt and vinegar.

Brussel sprouts with olive oil, 4 peppercorn grind and salt.

Cheers and have a great weekend.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Mediterranean herb and spice marinated chicken kabobs.

Spicy onion and pepper marinated beef kabobs.

Spicy buffalo style marinated chicken kabobs.

Spicy onion and pepper marinated beef kabobs.

Whiskey and black pepper marinated chicken kabobs.

Spicy buffalo style marinated beef kabobs.

Cheers and enjoy. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Chicken mole tortillas made with fresh garden tomatoes and onions as well as romaine lettuce, shredded three cheese blend, salsa, MX hot sauce and sweet red pepper (on the last four).

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
I grilled a spicy apricot glaze ham for Canadian Thanksgiving. This one is a 10 lb bone-in shank picnic style ham, smoked with apple, cherry and hickory wood chips. The meal included scratch-made candied yams, scratch-made cast iron skillet stuffing and fresh sliced garden cucumber. Dessert was premium pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Scratch garden burst cherry tomato sauce spaghetti. Made with lots of garden fresh sun sugar and sweet million cherry tomatoes, fresh garden basil and hand grated grana padano cheese.

Garden heritage Manitoba variety tomato Caprese salad with premium olive oil, 4 grind peppercorn and salt.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #291 (Edited)
Mussels in Provencale (tomato) sauce and a fresh bun for dipping.

Another caprese salad.

Fresh garden martini and straight 8 variety cucumbers sliced with 4 peppercorn grind, salt and vinegar.

Brussel sprouts boiled then pan fried in olive oil with sea salt and 4 peppercorn grind.

Have a great weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Charcuterie plate with soppresseta, Boursin shallot and chive cheese (a soft creamy cow's cheese with a flavour and texture somewhat similar to cream cheese), St. Paulin cheese (another creamy, mild, semi-soft French cheese made from pasteurized cow's milk), Raincoast cranberry crackers, PC baked sea salt pita crackers and roasted red pepper antipasto.

Escargot in herb butter with fresh sourdough bread for dipping.

Toasted garlic bread with fresh basil and cilantro.

Fresh grilled asparagus with olive oil and sea salt.

Fresh garden martini cucumbers sliced with four peppercorn grind and salt.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Kalbi beef from the grill.

Pan-fried cheese and potato perogies with butter, salt and four peppercorn grind, plus sauteed onions, cilantro and sour cream.

More escargot in herb butter.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
BBQ pulled pork. Smoked with hickory, apple and cherry woods on the Weber Summit grill and done low and slow for almost 13 hours at ~ 240 F.

Big pictures with lots of resolution. Here the the pork shoulder/butt just before I took it off the grill.

Pulled with bear claws.

I picked up two different sets of fresh buns (kaiser and sesame) and had one of my favorite butchers make up a premium coleslaw to serve with the meal. Here are a number of sandwiches.

The pork shoulder/butt was custom ordered and vacuum packed from a favorite butcher.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
More food pictures.

Instant pot three cheese French onion soup.

Another fully loaded guacamole.

Pan fried perogies with butter and sour cream.

Another fresh Caprese salad.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Burger time.

Half pound custom butcher beef burger from the Weber Summit grill, with romaine lettuce, sliced garden heritage tomatoes, pickles, diced garden onion, double american cheese, mustard, Melinda's Habanero ketchup and mayonnaise on a toasted sesame bun.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I think I need to hire a personal Chef. I'm having one of the packets of entrees, from my Doomsday Prepper stash! If I eat the whole thing (4 servings supposedly) I'm gonna have to double, or triple up on my blood pressure meds, since there is almost 500 mg of sodium per serving! 😝😝😝

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Mediterranean herb marinated pork shoulder chop done on the Weber Summit grill.

Three cheese nachos. with premium salsa with added fresh garden cherry tomatoes, fresh garden onion, chipotles in adobo sauce and habanero hot sauce.

Fresh grilled asparagus with olive oil and sea salt plus another Caprese salad using fresh ingredients including garden basil and heritage tomatoes.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
[email protected]_XR.

Another fresh garden Caprese salad here, this time with some fresh sourdough bread, butter pads and a dash of salt.

And another burger here. Half pound custom butcher beef burger from the grill with romaine lettuce, pickles, diced garden onion, double american cheese, mustard, Melinda's Habanero ketchup and mayonnaise on a toasted kaiser bun.

Instant pot roasted cherry tomato soup made with three varieties of fresh garden cherry tomatoes (including sun sugar), fresh hand grated Grana Padano cheese and fresh garden basil.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Caesar salad.

Another half pound custom butcher beef burger, this one from the Weber Summit grill with romaine lettuce, pickles, sliced garden tomatoes, diced garden onion, double american cheese, mustard and Melinda's Habanero ketchup on a toasted kaiser bun.

Fried Green tomatoes. I used late season garden tomatoes picked before the first big frost. Some had ripened as can be seen in the picture but were still nicely acidic for this cook.

281 - 300 of 329 Posts