RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I found it. Guess I'm doing the pair mod this afternoon along with my oil change and engine cleaning. Ugh. Just want to ride it lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they all come this way? Or just California models? This bike was originally from ohio then went to michigan then back to ohio. Pain in the @$$. Rogue made it look easy lol. 4 hour job.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Was this a California bike?
That looks like the vapor recovery EVAP canister.
In the service manual, the EVAP canistor is to the left of the exhaust pipe (like in the photo)(service manual page 1-38), and the flapper valve vacuum tank to the right of the exhaust pipe (service manual page 1-28).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally bought in toledo ohio brand new. Sold to a guy in Detroit area. Then sold to me back in toledo. I noticed the frame says it conforms to california regulations.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Was this a California bike?
That looks like the vapor recovery EVAP canister.
In the service manual, the EVAP canistor is to the left of the exhaust pipe (like in the photo)(service manual page 1-38), and the flapper valve vacuum tank to the right of the exhaust pipe (service manual page 1-28).
Yes it is certainly one of THOSE california air cleaners that don't really work. good thing you tossed it bcuz its about 35 pounds of rubbish

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep tossed that and the solenoid and did the pair mod and new air filters. Switched to rotella t6 and put a new oil filter on. Just waiting for the jb weld to cure before I test it out. Also took off my power commander that went haywire last month. Busy day while it rained

1 - 8 of 8 Posts