RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
i need a header or aftermarket headers for my track bike. Two into two or two into one would work. I will mod my existing exhaust or find a set of slip ons to finish it. My Jardine headers I bought here are junk and cracked around the bung. They were wrapped in header wrap and are brittle and thin because of it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Definitely a RCS19 master cylinder. Maybe I'll find a black Friday deal (looking at you Kyle Racing). I'm also looking to add another v-twin to the garage if I can get the current owner to agree.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
yes the calipers are different.

the sp1 has 32x34 pistons, the sp2 has 30x32

as such the sp1 has a larger slave area, and works better with a larger piston at the master.

the sp2 has a smaller slave area, and will work better with a smaller piston at the master.

if you run a 19 on an sp2 you'll get a VERY firm lever that requires extra effort for the same output. if you put a 17 on an sp1 you'll get a long lever travel with very high ouptut for low input.

19 works awesome on sp1, 17 works awesome on sp2. if you want a silly firm lever that you need to put a lot into, then maybe the 19 on the sp2 is for you, but that's not usually very desirable.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well shoot, had no idea. I assumed the 19 was the bread and butter for the RC.

I have the 19 on my SP2, now your making me want to try the 17.

In your opinion is the 16 all its cracked up to be for the clutch? That was on my list as well..

Sorry to get a bit off topic

·
Registered
412 Posts

as such the sp1 has a larger slave area, and works better with a larger piston at the master.

the sp2 has a smaller slave area, and will work better with a smaller piston at the master.

if you run a 19 on an sp2 you'll get a VERY firm lever that requires extra effort for the same output. if you put a 17 on an sp1 you'll get a long lever travel with very high ouptut for low input.

19 works awesome on sp1, 17 works awesome on sp2. if you want a silly firm lever that you need to put a lot into, then maybe the 19 on the sp2 is for you, but that's not usually very desirable.
I know how it works , I had just never heard there was a difference in calipers between the two. Thank you , though. On my supermoto I went down a couple of mm on the master and the braking is much better. It's funny when you see these douche bags on a stretched and lowered Hay bus- with one front rotor and they think the braking is unchanged. 🤣

·
Registered
232 Posts

Thanks Wibbly,
Would the Brembo reservoir kit fit the RC or is the Kyle kit a better option?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
that part i'm not sure about. my bike is so ass backwards now i wouldn't even know. Mike at kyleusa is your man though. i think the kyle kit is meant to work with aftermarket clip ons though.

the brembo reservoir kit is pretty ugly, just a big piece of aluminum bolted to the clamp. you could DIY a nicer one probably.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts