RC51 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ohlins rear shock, fresh rubber, and some minor tweaks being done as we speak.

Long term, I'd want to get a back up set of bodywork, however this has become a struggle.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
46 that looks great!! How do you like the TSR's?

I've been kinda watching to see if Simon would get some more in black, but yours look sharp with that heel guard!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
46 that looks great!! How do you like the TSR's?

I've been kinda watching to see if Simon would get some more in black, but yours look sharp with that heel guard!!
Thanks 🙏
I like them, fyi- the adjustability is minimal, not like a set of Sato’s . I’m riding as much as I can before it starts raining here in California.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Kyle racing? 20 or 30mm rework?
Not sure yet. Would love to do one of those but I may start with a basic revalve/respring…gonna be dumping some major coin into my KTM 450 on the dirt side of things (spring conversion or WP Cone Valves…)…so my discretionary cash might be slim pickings, lol.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hurry up and install!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Haha! Going to try to pull off my other system tonight to prep for install..

May pull off the headers and give them a wire wheel, hi temp coating treatment first. Need to look for a good coating option. ??

I would like to sing Simon some praise, awesome transaction, crazy fast shipping, and everything was packaged perfectly. Couldn't be happier

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Since I don't run slicks and rains as I am just too slow a wrench to change over in the pits, I only run DOTs on track. Which means I want tires that are nice and sticky in the hot and dry (and I do use warmers), but are very reliable and offer good feedback in the cool and wet. Lots of the higher end DOT offerings are very close to a street legal slick and are not much better than that in rain or on a cold track day. I had really good luck on the Battlax sets I ran for several years, but also had no issues with my Mitas Sportforce the last two seasons.This winter I managed a great buy on a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsas and I'll be running them as soon as the season starts. They have a really nice looking (wide) shoulder contact patch which I think will give almost slick-like cornering grip, and wide enough sipes to allow for decent stability and grip in the wet. I have yet to run into wear issues since my season isn't all that long or busy but sounds like the multi compound can only help out for consistent patterns in that department. All my other tires have had really decent wear right to the edges so I don't foresee any problems. Should be very little adjustment needed on my part as to overall feel and turn-in or exits from what I can see without actually running them yet.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts