RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used rc51 sp2, so please forgive me.. im a total noob . I was looking at my undertail today (rc51 hotbodies). Right past the battery tray, when looking from underneath.. it looks completely exposed?!?!
am i missing a piece? right by where the rear shock is.. i can see the underneath of the battery?? can anyone post a pic of their undertail for comparison? Heres mine.. does it look like a piece is missing?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Most undertails require the stock black undertray to be cut some. Some people cut way too much or remove it all-together, both of which are wrong. Sounds like you have one of those problems.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most undertails require the stock black undertray to be cut some. Some people cut way too much or remove it all-together, both of which are wrong. Sounds like you have one of those problems.
Thanks. Ill attacha pic of mine when i get home. can you post a pic of yours? the little space right after the "battery box", when viewed from underneat? shock area?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
This is what my hotbodies SP2 undertail looks like.
Your supposed to use the factory battery tray with it, and the battery cover. You can see how I cut my battery tray (where the smooth plastic ends and the fiberglass starts), but I left all the relay tangs intact. A sharp utility knife does the job nicely.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what my hotbodies SP2 undertail looks like.
Your supposed to use the factory battery tray with it, and the battery cover. You can see how I cut my battery tray (where the smooth plastic ends and the fiberglass starts), but I left all the relay tangs intact. A sharp utility knife does the job nicely.

Jondog9.. thats a perfect picture. Thanks. Would you be able to show a pic.. showing the view from underneath? Mine looks like yours.. but ive got a few gaps, just looks like something is misaligned.. or missing altogether.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Have you tried and reviewed the hotbodies undertail instructions? This should be the start before anything. Easy find by google search.

Even JD9's picture is different from those instructions. Though if it works well, I much prefer the cut of the JD9 undertray.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts