RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a wheel chaulk for the RC. Ive seen teh one sthat are used in trailers etc, but i recently saw one that could be moved, like a front stand, but it didnt have wheels, just a base. Im looking for the kind that locks, as you roll the front wheel into it?

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Thought I would revive this old thread as I'm looking for opinions on wheel chocks. Picking up a new trailer and want to fit it with two good chocks (roll up, lock in, minimal tie downs...)

What are people using?

Last time I was at the track a guy pitted next to me had Condors I believe...and I liked the easy load and locking.

Suggestions and opinions please :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
My dad has a couple pingles? I believe thats the brand name, they work quite well, they attach with two little tiny brackets on the floor, and it just locks in when you wanna use it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Thanks gents.

MB...that is an interesting chock, securing from the rear wheel isn't something I considered.

FF...I've seen those before, but I want something that secures the bike in place so I can reduce strap usage.

I'll also add that I will be hauling the RC and the Ruckus (unless a friend brings their bike).

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Let me just add, I hated strapping the forks down that long.....yet another reason the Pitbull set up appeals to me.:cool:

I would still "lightly" strap it down just to avoid the front catch air if a bad dip in the road came a long.

I use a Canyon Dancer too....best front end strap ever!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Let me just add, I hated strapping the forks down that long.....yet another reason the Pitbull set up appeals to me.:cool:

I would still "lightly" strap it down just to avoid the front catch air if a bad dip in the road came a long.

I use a Canyon Dancer too....best front end strap ever!

I did just read about the Canyon Dancer too.

I don't like strapping the front either, which is why I was looking at the Condor (locks the front, then a light strap on the rear for safety).

I will continue reading and researching.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yea, canyon dancers are a must, what about those fork saver deals, that wedge in on the front tire up to the lower triple?
Is your trailer enclosed? If enclosed, you can lightly strap the front and then have straps going to each wall on each side.
That pitbull setup looks nice tho, never seen that.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Yea, canyon dancers are a must, what about those fork saver deals, that wedge in on the front tire up to the lower triple?
Is your trailer enclosed? If enclosed, you can lightly strap the front and then have straps going to each wall on each side.
That pitbull setup looks nice tho, never seen that.

Those are great for a dirt bike or if you don't have a front fender. They would only work on the RC51 if you removed your fender.

Ditto on the canyon dancers!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
The trailer is enclosed, 6x10.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Those are great for a dirt bike or if you don't have a front fender. They would only work on the RC51 if you removed your fender.

Ditto on the canyon dancers!
Really? Im pretty sure I used them on my sv650? Maybe im losing my mind. We def used them on the dirtbikes for sure!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
This is the fork saver I'm familiar with. Like I said, if you have a fender mounted the way ours are, a fork saver won't work.

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
This is the fork saver I'm familiar with. Like I said, if you have a fender mounted the way ours are, a fork saver won't work.
Aahh yes, I thought you were talking about the pingels, my bad, yea you would have to take the front fender off for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
If I had an enclosed trailer, I'd absolutely use the pit bull system.

If you want something that can be used in the trailer and garage, I'd get a Baxley. There are cheaper knock offs out there too. I've seen guys at the track with condors that had the bike fall out onto the ground.

Even with the front wheel lock, and the pitbull, I'd still put straps on the front wheel. Most people compress the shit out of the forks and it isn't necessary even without a wheel lock or chock. Ratchet straps are overkill for the front end. I've used cam lock type straps for over 15 years without a single issue. Just don't get cheap ones, and tie the excess strap in a knot right at the cam.

Oh, and canyon dancers for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
If I had an enclosed trailer, I'd absolutely use the pit bull system.

If you want something that can be used in the trailer and garage, I'd get a Baxley. There are cheaper knock offs out there too. I've seen guys at the track with condors that had the bike fall out onto the ground.

You've seen bikes fall off trailers when using the Condor??? Even when "locked" in place???

And I will be using straps as insurance, but just want to minimize their use.

I'll look up Baxley now. I have a rear stand, and will shortly have the 1Jac...so garage use isn't a priority...just easy locking and loading in the trailer with minimal straps.

Edit: I like that Baxley is steel rather than aluminum. Thanks BMiller! Researching a little more, want to make sure I can easily configure the trailer for 1 or 2, and if it will adjust to fit the Ruckus (Condor can adjust).

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
You've seen bikes fall off trailers when using the Condor??? Even when "locked" in place???

And I will be using straps as insurance, but just want to minimize their use.

I'll look up Baxley now. I have a rear stand, and will shortly have the 1Jac...so garage use isn't a priority...just easy locking and loading in the trailer with minimal straps.

Edit: I like that Baxley is steel rather than aluminum. Thanks BMiller! Researching a little more, want to make sure I can easily configure the trailer for 1 or 2, and if it will adjust to fit the Ruckus (Condor can adjust).
Yeah, condors version of "locked into place" is with the wheel in the cradle. The baxley actually has a lock that prevents the cradle from rotating backwards. The cradle on the baxley also squeezes together. The condor just rotates. Another issue is that the condor is big enough to put your rear tire in it. How securely do you think it holds the front?

And yes, he had rolled the bike into the condor on his trailer, got off and went to grab the tie downs and the bike just fell over. Maybe his tires were nice and hot and maybe greasy.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
For the amount of money that the condor will cost, I'd rather buy a baxley for the sportbike and get something cheaper for the ruckus. Cycle gear makes a couple chocks that would probably be fine. Or there is also just a cheap thing like te pingel chock or something from harbor freight.

I'm not sure that the condor would work for the ruckus either. After looking at their site, it just talks about sport bikes up to choppers. I don't know that it would work for something like a scooter? It says 14 inch wheels, what size is the ruckus?

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Thanks BMiller...after searching around I do like the Baxley much more, and the Sport version is much cheaper and looks to be built better.

I emailed them with a few questions.

As for the little Ruckus...he's rocking 10's...so even the scooter chock offered by Baxley won't work. I was hoping to finding something that could be adjusted because I might take a second bike in place of the Ruckus.

Ruckus is just the pit bike unless I go with a friend (hence wanting to have two chocks).

Might have to spend a little extra money and have multiple chocks I suppose...just wanted to avoid spending money on a one trick pony.

Thanks for the Baxley advice, think I'm leaning towards them.

I still like the Pit-Bull too, so we'll see.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts