RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 03 RC with the 5 spoke Marchesini wheels. I sent them out for powder coating and the guys that removed the wheel bearing threw out the ones that were in the wheel, the stock bearing fits but the o.d number is different. I tried calling TAW but it seems like the girl that works at the place doesn't know what she's talking about. The stock bearing size 22x47x14. The bearing fits inside the wheel but the spacers do not fit inside the bearing. This is for the front wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Were the spacers captive spacers as typical for marchesini wheels?
I'm guessing they had 25mm ID bearings for the captive spacers to press into.
Measure the diameter of the spacers that go into the bearings if that's the case.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
I have the same Marchesinis.
Their axle hole is 25mm and you use a pair of captive spacers to downsize the holes to 22mm for the RC51's front wheel axle, like sbkdrew correctly noticed.
As for each bearing's thickness, they both measure 12mm.
Unfortunately I don't have their O.D. but you can easily measure your wheel bearing pocket's I.D. and go buy a pair.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I have the Marchesini 5-Y (10-spoke) wheels, and I don't know if the bearings are the same, but if so...

Front wheel bearings: Qty 2, 6005-2RSH (or equiv.)
Rear wheel bearings: Qty 2, 6006-2RSH (or equiv.)
Cush drive bearing: Qty 1, 5206 (or equiv.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Makis & sbkdrew yes they are captive spacers. @ subsailor thank I hope that those number are the same for my wheels. I had a dealer from PA send me bearing but they are swingarm bearing with the sizes that I need but i dont think this sill work since it is not a sealed bearing. I guess we will see tomorrow what the tech at the dealership says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts