RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi got the black frame/ swing arm 03, have seen somewhere on here the paint code for the black but no idea of where to source it. Need it for the swing arm and also the rear rim which has some scratches. Thanks kindly in anticipation....... Oops think this is wrong area of forum .......

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Force Silver Metallic NH411M (Color-Rite 2992)
Winning Red R258 (Color-Rite, Top 2530, Base 1090)
Frame & Wheel touch-up (13ml), Core Black Metallic 08P50-NH377M
Winning Red touch-up (13ml) 08P50-R258
Force Silver Met. touch-up (13ml) 08P50-NH411M

For larger quantities of the frank and wheel paint, I'd check with the Honda dealer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, help on here sure is quick and quality! thanks for ahem not castrating me for wrong placement on forum and subsailor for corrective action ! LOL ....

Still have not got to ride the beastie yet, the furlough has killed the registration process for me here in DC despite being insured since oct 1st! <no plates yet> grrrrrr.... Still its been raining here all week until today so have not missed much......

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info Sub & Jondog9. I've been looking for the core black metallic for a while to use on Carlos' bike. Nobody kindly asked at his Honda dealer and other places and it wasn't available.

I've just ordered a touch up pen. Carlos will be smiling.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I want to get the pen. They scratched my wheels putting bew tires on.
It suggest clear coat when checking oit what do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I want to get the pen. They scratched my wheels putting bew tires on.
It suggest clear coat when checking oit what do you guys think?
Depends: what color did you get and where are you using it? If its for the frame, no clear coat. It didn't even match my frame all that close. But if red and/or silver, then yes clear coat. I found those colors to be spot on as far as matching existing color. But when spraying the red, you need to make sure you've used the white or pink primer, then the red basecoat is a perfect match after you've cleared it.

Got the pen I'm excited
Before and after pics?

·
Registered
265 Posts
so i used the pen on the rear swing arm. i had alot of chips on it i think due to previous owner having a blow out. It turned out well. if you get close its kinda obvious but from acouple feet away its great. touched up the wheels to. will post pics as soon as i can. i forgot to do the before pics sorry guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts