RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning i rolled my 03 out to ride to work. started up perfectly, no issues or indication of any issues. I pulled out of my driveway and got about halfway through 2nd and then the motor just died. i coasted to a stop and now she won't start. when i flip the switch to run, the FI light comes on, but i do not hear it priming. I'm guessing it's electrical, but not sure where to start trouble shooting. I've had the bike for a few months and put probably close to 1k miles on it already with zero issue. i know the prev owner and he didn't have any issues with it either.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Could be one of the fuel system electrical components or fuel pump itself.
You can test fuel pump operation by jumping the battery (+) to Brown lead at pump, and fuel pump Green lead to frame ground. If pump operates, then probably a component in the electrical path to pump.

Here's a link to to download a combined SP1/SP2 service manual to troubleshoot:
https://www.rc51.info/index.php?page=service

I suggest downloading both US and UK service manuals, as the UK (U) wiring diagrams and some photos are better quality.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Already checked the fuses btw ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update - she's back up and running. turned out to be a loose joint on the cable running from the tail to the fuse box. figured that out after testing every resistor, relay, and fuse in the fuel system lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts