RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
D28, that tail is terrible imo.

An undertail is personal. What someone likes another may not. I have posted an undertail thread I thought was a good overall setup. And great value compared to some others. If you read the thread you'll see my thoughts. The big things are where and how to mount a plate, using a plate light it if you want to be legal, and integrated or separate signals. http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8435

Then there are personal choices, such as LED, integrated or separate signals, etc.

Don't cut your stock fender to do it either. PM me and I'll buy your stock fender if it is uncut. lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D28, that tail is terrible imo.

An undertail is personal. But I posted an undertail thread I thought was a good overall setup. If you read the thread you'll see my thoughts. The big thing is where and how to mount a plate, and light it if you want to be legal. http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8435

Don't cut your stock fender to do it either. PM me and I'll buy your stock fender.
pitty it is already cut by the previous owner...

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
the Bestem ($100 on fleabay) is actually pretty good, i have been very pleased with the fitment

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
if you have an already cut battery tray then no, it just a matter of lining it up and securing it, i left the wiring up to a shop because i wanted it done properly. fits up very nicely and cleans up the already big butt of the RC

·
Registered
753 Posts
This is a huge can of worms you just opened Daytona, next you'll want the brighter led tail lights (which I do).

I don't know what type mine is, fits ok, just needed a little coaxing and has the round tail lights with built in turn signals aka indicators. will snap a pic as I just finished putting it back together after 3 months stripped down in the garage, infact it might be a Bestem.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
when did you purchase your undertail? mine is ~july 2013 production, apparently they revised them with brighter LEDs in jan 2013

i do know the hotbodies did have a issue with the LEDs not being bright enough, but the bestem looks identical and the bestem isnt marked as far as i can tell

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a huge can of worms you just opened Daytona, next you'll want the brighter led tail lights (which I do).

I don't know what type mine is, fits ok, just needed a little coaxing and has the round tail lights with built in turn signals aka indicators. will snap a pic as I just finished putting it back together after 3 months stripped down in the garage. intact it might be a Bestem.
thx looking forward to pic

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you have an already cut battery tray then no, it just a matter of lining it up and securing it, i left the wiring up to a shop because i wanted it done properly. fits up very nicely and cleans up the already big butt of the RC
what color did u use?

·
Registered
753 Posts
RC it came with the bike when I bought it last year so no idea when it was put on. I did buy the Proton front turn signals and put them on today, unfortunately they don't strobe the rears as well.

Finally finished putting her back together today while sick lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RC it came with the bike when I bought it last year so no idea when it was put on. I did buy the Proton front turn signals and put them on today, unfortunately they don't strobe the rears as well.

looking good good... ok let me get onto that project...

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
...Finally finished putting her back together today while sick lol

You do some fast sick work! Good to see it's all back together now. Enjoy!

·
Registered
753 Posts
You do some fast sick work! Good to see it's all back together now. Enjoy!
Haha yeah and thanks, some tweaking needed and I blew a fuse so the dash didn't work but I'll get that in the morning. Brakes are sloppy on the front I think I got brake fluid on them when I bled them so might need new brake pads or possibly bleed the air out if theres any in there. Respray and new seat covers next.

Anyway I'm hijacking this thread, Daytona, good luck with getting yours done fella.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Front brakes - after bleeding well, clamp the lever tightly to the bar overnight and tap the hoses to dislodge air bubbles...

Cleaning the brake pads with brake cleaner should make them clean enough to re-use. Depends on how long they've been soaked, I suppose...

If you're a dab hand with application of vinyls (& you will need skill to do a good job) you can get some replica decals as a set inexpensively. If not - get Honda originals. Some info on this - on Carlos' project thread.

I'd seal up those frame slider holes before paintwork. Good luck!

...sorry for the additional hyjack - now back on topic. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha yeah and thanks, some tweaking needed and I blew a fuse so the dash didn't work but I'll get that in the morning. Brakes are sloppy on the front I think I got brake fluid on them when I bled them so might need new brake pads or possibly bleed the air out if theres any in there. Respray and new seat covers next.

Anyway I'm hijacking this thread, Daytona, good luck with getting yours done fella.
lol you are fine Rossco.... still 25 F in the garage... to cold to get onto it... just bought a puig screen offered by a member on here for 60 Bucks... getting there and thank you for all the support ...

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Hey John, do you have installed pics of that one that you posted?!?!?
Wow. Me likey!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread, but that ziptie trick never worked for me. :confused:
I like tapping the brake lines to get the bubbles loose and moving to the highest point, which is: the master cylinder. Bleed the banjo bolt. That one works every time for me. ;)

Have you decided on a undertail yet? Keep stabbing around on Ebay and craigslist. fwiw, I thought the very first one you linked to wasn't very nice looking. Having those huge square OEM's pointing down at the rear tire just looks weird.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts