RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys not sure if this has been posted before but here it goes. I'm just switching from a cruiser to a sport bike so I bought my 03 Sp2 from a dealership with only 3400 miles on it. I've noticed some minor ticking while at idle but nothing that throws up a huge red flag. However when I'm riding around town at 60-70mph in 6th gear (cruiser habit) I can hear a whining/wah-wah sound. Is that something normal for these bikes. I should add that it also has a PC and the -1/+2 sprocket set on it

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
If you haven't done your research you may not know they have gear driven cams and the gear whine you hear is intoxicating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you haven't done your research you may not know they have gear driven cams and the gear whine you hear is intoxicating.
That's what I was hoping to hear, I've had it for 2 weeks and only had enough time to put 500 miles on it. Just over thinking I suppose. Absolutely love it so far!

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
These engines only have one chain, and it drives the oil pump.
All else is solid reliable spur gears.
It also makes it easy to remove/install the cams during valve clearance adjustments.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Why is that?
It's cool when you travel to meet members.
When I went to California on business I met "ryd the slyde" Noel

"06 RC " Chris

And a couple other guys from "Zilla 2007" Chris rode his black mint 2006 down the hill to my condo in Dana point and rocks were rolling down the ravine he later sold me his cyclecat rearsets :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's cool when you travel to meet members.
When I went to California on business I met "ryd the slyde" Noel

"06 RC " Chris

And a couple other guys from "Zilla 2007" Chris rode his black mint 2006 down the hill to my condo in Dana point and rocks were rolling down the ravine he later sold me his cyclecat rearsets :cool:
I see that's awesome. I live in Lexington, Kentucky. Plenty of twisties around to get a good feel for the new RC

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
OP - What kinda cruiser did you come from? If you think the noise sounds odd, take a video of it and post it in here (Youtube, etc)...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Nice Intruder.

Got access to a friend's GoPro or equivalent?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts