RC51 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I bought my bike used a few months ago and just got some time to check the map on the PC3r. When I went to go hook it up I found out that the cord I thought would work that hooked up to my comp screen isnt the same (pins different). Does anyone have an extra cord they want to sell? Also whats the deal with the buttons on the PC....mid, high, low? I remember someone wanted my map on here, so sorry if this is taking forever.

On a side note I gotta say I LOVE THIS BIKE! I just gotta stop looking for more add ons. Its got enough on it already.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
The three buttons are where you can tweak your air/fuel ratio in the field without a laptop/cable/software. Although they provide better feedback doing so.
You can download the instructions for adjusting the fuel mix using the buttons on power commander's web site.
Some have bought a serial to USB adapter cable to use.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SubSailor your the man. I always appreciate the quick help. I just ordered the cable and hope to get it in by the end of the week. Ill post my map when I do. Im gonna go ahead and download the instructions for the PC3r and look into the buttons thing. What doesnt make sense to me is if you load a complete map with settings for entire range, how can you just hit a 1 of 3 button and pump up that particular range even more? The only way I can think of it doing that is if it stores 3 different maps in the PC.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Each of the three buttons is range of RPMs, low, mid, and high.
When you access the unit and work the button for a particular range, the LED will step up or down a notch when you fatten or lean out that range.
This is all based on a known good map installed prior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts