RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets hear what ya got! I think subsailor is in the leed with 49k! Anyone have more? Me only 24k

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its pretty impressive how many of our 51s have pretty high miles! makes me feel better

·
Registered
70 Posts
I provobly has the least 2,245 miles:D(when I got it this past winter it only hade 1890 miles)

·
Registered
3 Posts
02 with 4003

Lets hear what ya got! I think subsailor is in the leed with 49k! Anyone have more? Me only 24k
mine has a whopping 4002 miles and is only a 02

I think you would find these bikes have little if no mileage on them.
but I don't like to get mine out too much as they are harder to find as well as parts
only my opinion though

·
Registered
70 Posts
gotcha beat 1,927 as of my ride yesterday.bought it 2yrs ago with 800 its a 2003
man! That's low, I though my was low when I got her, enjoy her!

·
Registered
3 Posts
gotcha beat 1,927 as of my ride yesterday.bought it 2yrs ago with 800 its a 2003
I wounder when the parts for these are going to be harder and harder to find.
All the rest of my bikes that I have, you have to find parts on E-bay or from other forums that are related to the bike or bikes. (SOHC Forum) (GS Resources) etc etc. grant it that parts for an 02 SP2 are easier to find than a 75 SOHC Honda but the RC51s are a rare breed

Keep the mileage low if that's your thing and the re-sale in the future with be at a premium.

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I can fully understand your point.
As for myself, I've got so much money invested with various aftermarket items that the bike would be worth more in parts than a vehicle.
But that's what happens when it's a hobby rather than transportation.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for me its a passion. i hope to test the 100k theory! You will never make your money back on a motorcycle anyway

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Just surpassed 30K this weekend, what is crazy is these bikes rack the miles but look 10 times better then most I4's with half the miles.........respect i guess

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
...what is crazy is these bikes rack the miles but look 10 times better then most I4's with half the miles...
Especially in my neck of the woods.
Young guys go and buy a new 600 or a 1000 then go out and test the physical limits with their new toy.
Next time you see it, the bike is all trashed out and the owner can't afford to replace all the broken/missing parts, so it becomes yet another wounded streetfighter with 3 or 4 years of payments left.
One guy with a ZX10 didn't make it two days. Now his bike is hugging the garage wall with a broken front wheel, and missing alternator cover, and broken oil sump.
I'm almost hesitant to park my bike next to theirs lest it start to decompose by proximity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can fully understand your point.
As for myself, I've got so much money invested with various aftermarket items that the bike would be worth more in parts than a vehicle.
But that's what happens when it's a hobby rather than transportation.
I have mid 70s in line fours that I have thousands of dollars with of very hard to find stuff so I understand your point also. Its the love of the bike and the enjoyment of doing it thats worth much more than the true value of the bike it self

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Its the love of the bike and the enjoyment of doing it that's worth much more than the true value of the bike it self
I fully agree. I've always been mechanically inclined and enjoy working on bikes as a hobby.

Sadly, I've met riders that barely understand the workings of their bike.
If it goes beyond putting gas in the tank and air in the tires, they are lost.
I guess it's the side effect of everything being so reliable these days.

When I was a kid you had no choice but to work on your bike and/or car.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
^^ Not that old, only 23 but the only bike I could afford (8 years ago) was a 1982 Suzuki SP250Z which needed work done and couldn't afford to pay somebody........so I read manuals and put what I learned into practice. I prefer to work on my bike myself cause at least I know what's going on with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
just passed 35k this week and still running strong

1 - 20 of 34 Posts