RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out of the riding scene for 18 years. Over the last two years my wife was talking about getting a scooter. Last may she finally bit the bullet and bought a Piaggio MP3 250. She did not have her license so I took it out a few times. Than I caught the bug and need my own bike. In July I bought a 1987 Honda CBR250 Hurricane gray market bike. It was in mint condition with only 1400KM (875miles) Part of the reason I bought this bike was for my wife to learn how to ride a motorcycle. For a little 250 it put out 48HP and redlined at 16K..lots of fun to ride. In September she decided she had no interest to ride a motorcycle so I sold it and bought an 03 VFR800. Every spare minute I had was on the bike making up for lost time. While visiting forums I started to hear about this RC51. I had never heard one or saw one but had this urge to buy one. I kept my eye on the classifieds with the intent to buy a well used RC51 for to use as a track bike. I came across an ad where the sell was taking the best off and need to sell ASAP. I did not think much of it but I responded with a low offer. My intention was not to insult the seller but I was just looking to get track bike. The seller accepted my offer just over $5K. Again I still have never seen or heard one. My wife and I drove over to take a look and I was just dumb founded. The bike was in mint condition and that exhaust was stunning. I doubt he rode it in the rain it was so clean. The bike has a complete Titanium Arata exhaust, 12,500KM (7800miles), corbin seat and PCII. I picked up set of Pirelli Cosica III tires, Hyperpro steering damper, SS front brake lines, and a Scorpio alarm for insurance purposes. I am little nervous putting it on the track but if I take it easy and stay smart everything should be fine.

Now I just need to wait until the spring to take out for a ride.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wow good bargain & alot of aftermarket parts...if u wanna sell off the Arata full system, let me know...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My intention was to buy a bike for the track but this is too nice to track. I may get rid of my VFR and use the RC as my primary ride. I am going to hold on the parts as it sounds assume the way it is. I am going to add SS break lines, Corisca III tires and a Hyperpro damper for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts