RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I'm sorry, what brand are they and are those the hangers they come with. @ Nobody it says $25 to ship

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Yes I'm sorry, what brand are they and are those the hangers they come with. @ Nobody it says $25 to ship
My bad...I'm on eBay.ca and seller wants $249 to ship to Canada...lol

I say for that price buy them, they sorta look like Two Bros to me.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Those cans might have some age and miles on them.
Did you find out any history (that you believe)?
Another thing I noticed, the endcaps are riveted to the Carbonfiber sleeves. Be really careful drilling them out if you repack them. Which they may need. If they have high milage and are in need of repacking, especially at the inlet end, the sleeves could be pretty thin in that area.
I don't know if I'd buy older carbon fiber cans unless I trusted the seller or could go inspect them. RC51's are hard on carbon fiber. Stainless or Ti are tougher for the exhaust pulses from our twins.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly I'm more interested in them for those mounting brackets. The third loop is to mount passenger pegs which may be more comfortable for my wife than the brackets I have for my sato banzais which reverse the stock pegs.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Those cans might have some age and miles on them....
I don't know if I'd buy older carbon fiber cans unless I trusted the seller or could go inspect them. RC51's are hard on carbon fiber. Stainless or Ti are tougher for the exhaust pulses from our twins.
I agree with the above. I changed my Akrapovic sleeves twice - because they burnt through, before deciding to change to titanium sleeves. Now I don't have to change them, even if the wadding does get a bit burnt out. Twins are hard on carbon cans...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate that "your always right" lol !! I don't want to buy these particularly, this is why I want to know who makes them so I can look into them and see what options are out their.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I think we talked about this set of cans before in the recent past. Seems like we were trying to identify them. Anyone else remember or am I imagining?...

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I hate that "your always right" lol !! I don't want to buy these particularly, this is why I want to know who makes them so I can look into them and see what options are out their.
They'd probably be worth the risk for the $100, and they still might go for that. You never know. Much over $200 and I wouldn't bother. You never know how old they are, how many miles, and if they need repacking.

Why risk it when you could just get a brand new set of Yoshimura cans off ebay for less than $500?

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I agree with the above. I changed my Akrapovic sleeves twice - because they burnt through, before deciding to change to titanium sleeves. Now I don't have to change them, even if the wadding does get a bit burnt out. Twins are hard on carbon cans...
I second that account, especially old c/f sleeves. Especially on the track. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts