RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to Hijack your topic, but I had the same question. I purchased my 03 awile back and was told the exhaust was Ladybird. After some research I know thats not true. So what is it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
143 Posts
It may be carbon exhausts of some manufacturer that broke up and the cylindrical/oval part of the can was replaced by aluminum tubing of the same diameter/circumference. So you only have the ends of the cans to identify it by.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts

Jardine or Yoshi would be my guess....leaning more towards Jardine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the info! I have a Yosh Carbon on an 03 Superhawk, and the end caps look similar, but the ends on the Yosh have engraving on them. I have to go to the Jardine website to compare.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Thats one helluva jig saw puzzle you got there. Where are you located?? The extra scorpion exhaust makes sense, that is probably where the high mount mids came from.

Have fun.;)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in the NC mountains near Appalachian State U. If you get bored come on down and help put the jigsaw puzzle back together

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
madbuyer - Tide bike? Was/is that one yours? Story behind it?

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
madbuyer - Tide bike? Was/is that one yours? Story behind it?
Not mine but I have seen it for sale on Craigslist and eBay before.

COBRA, how you feel about Appalachian State??:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Tide bike is in my garage, I bought it awile back. No real story other than a excellent painter doing a little project to show his skills. I think its gonna be my primary track bike as I really like the way it carves and the torque for a big guy! I just set the suspension sag and its ready to go! I'll have it at NJMP Thunderbolt in June.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Ah, very cool - nice to hear about how the Tide fairings were painted. Post up some other pics of the paint/bodywork if you don't mind (perhaps in another thread ? - apologies to coffeymax for the slight thread hijack heh).

And madbuyer, App State was an embarassment in the form of a nightmare, thanks to a bad coach...LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts