RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So because of the lack of resources for these bikes, I'm wanting to make some billet clutch covers. I want to know how many people I can get in on this so I can get them cheaper. More people we have that wants one, the cheaper it gets. A good friend runs a CNC and is amazing with autocadd. It will be $500 for a prototype to be made and then depending on how many I get made after that they will be anywhere from $150-$250 per cover. Obviously $250 for a billet cover is pretty obscene but if I do an order of like 50, the price of the covers migh even go down to $100.

Right now I'm trying to see if there is a rough ballpark of a number for who will be In for a cover if it's about $200 to be conservative.

Is this worth it? I certainly don't want to pay $500 for a damn prototype. As long as I make my money back, I don't care. I want to help out the enthusiasts of the RC51 family and it would be pretty sick to have some billet on these bikes that is diminishing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
Interesting.
I was getting ready to box up my Circuit 1 slipper cover and ship it out to a 3D scanning company to get it scanned and have a CAD and CAM file, in IGES format, made for a CNC machine . I will put this on hold until I see what you guys come up with.
I am in for $150.00, depending on design, build quality and finish.

PS I only paid 100 shipped for the Circuit 1 a few years ago and it was like new.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Interesting.
I was getting ready to box up my Circuit 1 slipper cover and ship it out to a 3D scanning company to get it scanned and have a CAD and CAM file, in IGES format, made for a CNC machine . I will put this on hold until I see what you guys come up with.
I am in for $150.00, depending on design, build quality and finish.

PS I only paid 100 shipped for the Circuit 1 a few years ago and it was like new.
Gotta pic?...

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Hondad,
Nice looking setup there, good looking clutch cover for $100 beans.
Maybe a better option :confused:

" Sent from Duck's pond "

·
Registered
163 Posts
No,
Looking at my records, I had spoken to Steve at Circuit 1 around January of 2011 and they only had one cover in stock, non slipper, and were not planing on producing any more and since then I think they are gone. They made two versions one that fit a slipper and one that did not.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
No,
Looking at my records, I had spoken to Steve at Circuit 1 around January of 2011 and they only had one cover in stock, non slipper, and were not planing on producing any more and since then I think they are gone. They made two versions one that fit a slipper and one that did not.
I wonder what the differenceis I have a Yoyodyne slipper and run a cover I got from I think Ben.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts