RC51 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend said his RC51 picked up a screw and asked me to come over to help change the tire. He opens his garage and says "let me just move this out of the way". Bastard! 2014 RC8R with 9K miles. He's been looking for 2 years to find the right one.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle brake Automotive lighting

He wasn't lying about the RC51. Near mint Pirelli ruined.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
had one. they're cool bikes but mine was an unreliable lump of shit. great chassis, strong engine (the 2010 model was a lot better than the tamed down 11+), and honestly i like the look. i'd still have mine if it didn't spend more time in the shop than on the road (ktm were good about it and i never paid a dime for the 8 or 9 shop visits in my couple years of ownership)

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
They are very cool bikes. Seem popular with the RC51 crowd. Picked up my first KTM this year and have been very happy with it. Parallel twin 890 Duke R.

Have you seen the RC8C? Hopefully this develops into an affordable street bike.

Reactions: Johnny34

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are very cool bikes. Seem popular with the RC51 crowd. Picked up my first KTM this year and have been very happy with it. Parallel twin 890 Duke R.
I think RC51 fans just like V and P Twins in general. The Duke and Super Duke are both great bikes. I test rode a SD 1190 back in 2014 when I bought my Adventure. Total hooligan machine.

From MCM on the RC8C:
KTM recently pulled the covers off the second generation of their track only KTM RC 8C and when on-line ordering opened overnight the 200 machines that will be made sold out in a couple of minutes for the asking price of $59,900.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts