RC51 Forums banner
181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Yeah when set up just right the kls works incredibly well.

Which wire did you power it from? That's an interesting problem you had lol

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
It was the tail light, dash at the fuse box. I believe I tried the power from one and the ground from another. Probably not the best idea in hindsight.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Interesting

I can't think of a single circuit in the bike that is only live when the bike is running. You confused me there.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
yep. sure does.

you installed yours basically the same way i did. except i took my linkage from the top instead of underneath.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
It came out pretty good. I still have some attention to detail work to do with the hardware. The linkage on the shift shaft came out pretty good. I was able to use a linkage from another bike and drill it to fit, with some of the splines still lining up so there is no slop in it and the shift lever keeps it in place. I still have not had a chance to test it out yet as I found that my shock is in dire need of rebuilding. I guess sitting for a few years in my garage is not something that the shock appreciated. but that is in the works.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
still working on the bike, though now it's just simple little stuff.

waiting on the machinist to get some time to build me my top triple tree and start the ball rolling on handlebar switches.

i did a bit of wiring last night just to change things up a bit. still need to order a bunch of connectors to clean up the front of the bike and add all my peripheral devices cleanly. will post pics once the harness is done.

i put my headlights to be activated by the oil pressure switch. so when you have the ignition on, the lights aren't. the only real reason i did this is so i can kill the bike while in traffic but the fan will keep going but the lights will be off. much kinder to the battery this way. there's a 10 second delay on the lights coming on so the oil pressure bumping the switch during cranking doesn't pulse the lights.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
got a sweet little shipment today from cycle terminal. what an awesome store. affordable stuff, they sent me a ton of spare pins, and also refunded me the difference in quoted shipping vs actual. stand up place for sure.

cleaned up the whole front of the bike. everything is now on oem connectors (or translogic) and looks like it came that way, despite there being a boatload of non-oem stuff up there.

i'm all geared up to get my switches done and can't wait to have those all built and working.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I use those guys a lot for my cafe build, very handy resource!

It may be a bit late and I'm not sure how price competitive they are, but did you look at the buttons that Motogadget sells? Look similar to what you are using..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
The motogadget are momentary only. I contacted them.

I'm not about to use an M unit as that's a lot of work for something that doesn't need it

I will be using their turn signal relay though

·
Premium Member
945 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
It's a shindengen mosfet unit. I had to locate it carefully as I didn't want to extend the stator wiring. I also had to reduce the heat sink slightly in the corner to clear the tail plastic.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Did you use their circuit breakers and 30 amp auto reset circuit? or just crimp the OEM wires into the connectors?

181 - 200 of 221 Posts