RC51 Forums banner
201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
So after doing a bit more research the RC has 5 wires going out of the R/R. 2 red 2 green and a single black. Did you delete 2 of them?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
The reds parallel, the greens parallel, the black is the sensing wire for the shunt type rectifier, it just gets deleted (insulated)

Home

Read this guy's page he covers everything thoroughly and also sells them.

It's a brutally simple process to install these. Don't over think it.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
That is one beautiful bike you got there Wibbs.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
put the bike on the scale today.

full of fuel, 100% ready to ride, full street trim, not a single thing missing for street use, even have a reflector on the rear. 425lbs

full of fuel, naked. front/sides/rear fairing off, snorkel and dash and fairing stay off (come off in upper fairing), license plate bracket off, everything else as it sits. 386.5lbs

amazing how much the bodywork weighs.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
i checked it against my tubby self and it was pretty damn dead on, and repeated the same numbers over 5 or 6 tests

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Could put some dhc carbon fairing to lower the weight. Wibbly are you still running the 5.5 rear rim with a 180/55 tire. If yes do you think your giving up any grip over the larger tires?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
it's a 5.5 rear with a 180/60

no, i don't think i'm giving up any grip. done two track days this year and it's been fantastic. the sidewall on the 180/60 is neverending.

and no, i don't think i'll be doing any more DHC stuff.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
thanks man. i put a lot into this one in terms of custom fitments and parts i designed and built myself. this one has a lot more personal meaning to me than my previous bikes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Folks always ask me to sell mine which is not half as nice as yours. But if life dosent fuk with me the idea is to have it retired above the fire place one day or for the kids to ride it :) (Maybe)

201 - 220 of 221 Posts