RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone verify this? I have an SP1. I bought a used SP2 undertail that came with a pre-cut stock SP2 undertray. I bought the bike with no undertray and a terrible homemade undertail. I tried installing the undertray and undertail today. Looks like the undertail will be fine. It seems like there is no way that undertray is going to fit on my bike. I think I am going to need to get a stock SP1 undertail/inner fender tray. Can anyone shine some light on this for me please? The battery tray and cover are definitely different. Did Honda change the tail frame and undertail mounting from an SP1 to an SP2?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
As far as I know, the SP2 undertail will fit, but you'll have to do a lot of harness rerouting. You'll probably need to swap in a SP2 rear harness to make the wires reach.
I put a SP2 subframe and SP2 undertail on my SP1, and I don't think I would try to make the SP1 undertail fit the SP2 subframe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thanks. I did some research and the SP2 rear subframe/tail is totally different than mine. The harness, relays, ecu and everything else back there is fine, just the way the OEM inner fender bolts up and clips on to the subframe is way different from SP1 to SP2. I am just going to buy an OEM SP1 undertail and start from scratch. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I purchased an OEM SP1 undertail (available anywhere Honda motorcycle parts are sold) but I have an OEM SP2, pre-cut very nicely for an aftermarket undertail, that I have no use for if anyone is interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts