RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone....just have a few questions to start my winter projects....first off I was wondering if there is a way to redo my seat with better foam for longer rides. The stocker is not so comfy lol....also for the wife's seat too....then I was thinking about doing the flapper valve mod and soft rev limiter but not sure what to do? I've read up a little on the flapper valve mod but not sure what is really done to my beast lol. I was also thinking about cutting my yoshi pipes down a few inches for better sound but not sure if it would mess up the fuel injection? Thanks for reading and any help would be much appreciated...here is a list of mods in case that helps....yoshi slip ons, pcIII, and k and n filters....that's pretty much it on the performance parts....have intergrated taillights and under tail....smoke screen and flush mounts. Any comments will be much appreciated again thanks guys....love this site!!!!!!!! Or any suggestions on upgrades :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
i dont know what winter projects are -- i ride year round , good luck , PS dont cut the pips thats a squid move ,,,

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I hear you on the seat! I scored a great deal on a sargent seat for my bike from our sponser RidersDiscount. Way less than anywhere else. STG is great too. Both of them will give you forum member discounts if you call and talk to them. Ben at RC51Parts is awesome too. My observation about Corbin seats is, people who weigh more than 190-200 like corbin better than Sargent. People under 190 generally prefer Sargent.

If you don't already reference the Mods page, here it is. (thanks to LDH).
Mods Page

Read up on the Flapper and Soft Rev there, then you can tell if it's been done to your bike. Other things you should do, flush and replace the DOT4 Brake fluid in your Front and Rear Brakes, and your Clutch - it takes DOT4 too. Service your radiator and overflow container.

If you refer to section 3 of the Service Manual, it'll tell you everything else you want to go thru in the coming weeks.

Service Manual
use this download: •US VERSION RC51 Factory Service Manual SP-1 and SP-2 108.2 Mb

·
Registered
575 Posts
this is a great site to check out -- lots of info http://rc51.org/ once there click on MODS and have fun

·
Registered
58 Posts
This session in the shop have few tasks. Hotbodies undertail, -1/+3 Sprockets and new chain and Speedo Healer, dark smoke Double Bubble and Proton flush mounts. PAIR delete and finish stripping crap from "flapper mod". May as well change the oil and sparking bolts while it's apart. Hope to do some dyno tuning as well. Prob missing something on my list but really it's prob just reg maintenance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seat Rebuild

Found this website on here once.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

This guy takes your stock seat and "rebuilds" the foam to make it more comfortable for you depending on where you have troubles. Plus sides are it's not super expensive, it's a quick turn around, it looks stock when you get it back, and it is more comfortable. Check out the FAQ and it explains in detail what he can do for your seat. I plan to do this, put exhaust on and the flapper valve mod once I get back from my deployment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
which sterring dampner is better gpr or scotts? looking to go cheap lol.... but i don't want the ones that have a rod sticking out. the ones that bolt to the sides. looking for the ones that go on the triple tree.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a Hyperpro on my F3 loved it prob go same on my RC.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to say got some parts ordered steel braided lines for the brakes and clutch, custom seats ordered, and some powder coated parts to be done soon. I need to find a left side carbon fiber yoshi pipe tho?????? Anyone know where I could find one? Been checking this site and eBay. Didn't wanna buy a new one but not sure

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Is the pipe just rashed up? If so you might get away with just re-sleeving the stock one. Yosh prob. sells the kits. Hook up with our vendors to see what they can do for ya...plus the discount.

Haven't needed a damper on the RC yet.....I would hold off until you really need it.

Also add this mod to your list: OEM air filter;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The kit from yosh cost 190...but that's just the sleeve and rivets and name plates no mid pipe....the guy I bought my bike from fixed everything but the pipe. I don't wanna buy a new one lol

·
Premium Member
583 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
The kit from yosh cost 190...but that's just the sleeve and rivets and name plates no mid pipe....the guy I bought my bike from fixed everything but the pipe. I don't wanna buy a new one lol
So you just need the mid... Gotcha. Prob easier just to buy a new one lol. Scavenge eBay they pop up from time to time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been checking eBay but so far nothing...and thanks for the info Hig! Very interesting about the filters

1 - 20 of 20 Posts