RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just instaled my new flush mount turn signals. One problem, My dash turn light stays lit. The factory harness has three wires and the new one has two. I took the turn and marker wires and put them with the hot of the flush mount and then hooked the two grounds. Marker and turn signals work,just the dash lite stays lit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm having the same issue, but with 3 wire flush mounts. :confused: I could understand if my lights were the 2 wire version, but shouldn't it function as a marker AND a directional if it has 3 wires?
It works fine with all 3 hooked up but the dash light stays on. Dash light only works like it's supposed to if I unhook the wire for the running light, but then, well... I lose my running lights. lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wiring

I'm having the same issue, but with 3 wire flush mounts. :confused: I could understand if my lights were the 2 wire version, but shouldn't it function as a marker AND a directional if it has 3 wires?
It works fine with all 3 hooked up but the dash light stays on. Dash light only works like it's supposed to if I unhook the wire for the running light, but then, well... I lose my running lights. lol
You must have the wires switched. Check on the bike for the running light. It'll be the one with more power. You'll need a volt meter. The directions on you flush mounts should tell which wire is marker and which is turn. the factory harness has three,1-ground,1-marker,and 1-turn. I believe the blue w/white wire is the turn and the blue is marker, and green is ground.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You must have the wires switched. Check on the bike for the running light. It'll be the one with more power. You'll need a volt meter. The directions on you flush mounts should tell which wire is marker and which is turn. the factory harness has three,1-ground,1-marker,and 1-turn. I believe the blue w/white wire is the turn and the blue is marker, and green is ground.
nope. Checked them with the multimeter first. Then tried swapping them after for the hell of it. Same shit...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wiring problem

Sounds just like my 2 wire flush mount problem. The way I solved mine, was to go to Radio Shack and by two packs of diodes(5400's) about $1.50/pack. I then placed one on the blue wires to my flush mount wire and one from the blue/white stripe to the other flush mount wire. To make sure they worked, I tried connecting them loosely with a small piece of tape. It worked,so I wired them in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts