RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some help. Im new to the RC world and recently purchased a 2000 SP1 I was overseas when the guy delivered it to the house and it sat for a few weeks ( 4 i think) and when I got home I started it to let her run. Well I rode her once but the back tire was low and didnt wanna get to out of control so I parked her. Few days later the battery is dead no biggie shes been sitting and probably needed a new one. Replaced the battery and now she wont run. My cousin and I ran all the Initial checks Fuses, Relays, Fuel Pump, Filter all are checking out but its like there is no fuel going through the Injectors? I have a Power Commander and am curious if this is the culprit. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
hmmm......Do you hear the fuel pump prime up ????

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
First try disconnecting the PC from the system to see if that changes the problem.
It it's PCIIIUSB, there are only two connectors and negative lead.
If it's a PCIIIr, then there's the same two connectors and negative wire, but also the red connectors used for the pulse generator sensor near the alternator.

If that doesn't fix the problem, check if your plugs are fouled.
Clean or replace the plugs and check if you're getting a spark to the plugs.

Also, lift the tank and check the vacuum hose going to the Fuel Pressure Regulator mounted at the rear of the throttle body assy.
With the fuel system primed, if you see fuel dripping from that FPR fiting, you regulator diaphragm is bad and the FPR will need replacement.

Be careful lowering the fuel tank! The main wiring harness routes very close to the lower edge of the tank and the frame.
It is very easy to pinch the harness causing broken wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts