RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ride to a buddy's house, shut the bike off. When I tried to leave bike wouldn't start. When I turned the key fuel pump nor light came on. Checked fuse box under left side but there's no fuses bad. Any one have this problem? Or know how to fix it? I also remember a couple times trying to start it and the fuel pump would be delayed.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You do realize that there are bazillion posts here on this. And one can search and see. I'd suggest taking the time to start there. It' will be faster and better.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Is the kill switch on? Last time my fuel pump didn't prime it turned out to be the fuel relay.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Relays can fail intermittently, at least for a while, before they're toast.
You can use your highbeam relay socket to test the fuel relay and also the bank angle relay. If your bank angle relay is giving out, then the fuel relay wont get power.
I don't know why your lowbeam headlight won't come on tho, I didn't think that would happen because of relays...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do I find the fuel relay and bank angle relays? Those the 2 black rubber connections under the rear seat? I'm going to tear it down tomorrow after Easter dinner, I'm going to start with the kill switch, then move on from there. Check the connectors and start tracing wires from the fuel pump. I'm hoping it's an easy fix bc I'm not motorcycle tech, but I also can't afford for a dealership to work on my bike especially just to find out it was a 15$ relay or something stupid. Any assistance would be appreciated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also wondering why my power commander is getting juice? I bought this bike a couple months ago, and I don't know much about these bikes yet.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Yes, the relays are located in the tail. If one goes out, the bike won't run. In your front left (by headlight) there is an identical relay you can try. The relay cost about $30...good to have one or two on hand I learned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last night I checked all the relays, all the fuses on the entire bike. Checked all three wires from fuel pump all the way back to the main plug. Dissconected power commander, still same problem... Going to look at the kill switch today after work. Is tere anything I should know? Is there a relay or fuse for tht switch? Any way to check the angle sensor? And any other ideas please let me know bc I'm stumped!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts