RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 02 SP2 almost a year ago and knew within a couple months I wanted to get a 2nd one because I enjoyed the bike so much, well today was the day, right place right time, I feel like I scored the deal of deals, just couldn't pass it up...

02 SP2 w/16k miles, clean title, clean uncut oem bodywork, full Akra w/PC, OZ wheels, Ohlins damper, Fox shock, Sato rearsets, and the more I look at it the more cool parts I find on it, plus included was most of the oem parts that were removed.

Got all this for only $5500, I am so stoked!! :cool: (y)(y)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, you stole that thing!! Looks great, awesome assortment of mods. I wasn't aware fox made a rear shock for these..
Thanks man, it runs great with the full Akra and PC tune, power difference is noticeable compared to my other RC that is now 100% back to oem stock, and it handles great as well after having the forks redone and getting new tires. For the last couple months I've been swapping some of the bling parts out and going back to oem parts that were either included in the sale or that I already had, and think I've got her about done now for how I wanted it setup both mechanically and visually. It's really great having 2 RC's now, I no longer worry about putting too many miles on them, they are such a blast to ride that some of my other bikes are not being ridden and I'm sure becoming jealous.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
23 Posts
Mind if I ask how many miles you have on your other stock 02?

Mine had 27k which I kinda hesitated over coming from I4's, I really wanted one with lower miles.... but, they are getting so hard to come by for clean ones I ended up jumped on it..

Needless to say she's getting a full fluid swap, filters, plugs etc to bring her up to par..

Still debating on flapper/pair removal

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mind if I ask how many miles you have on your other stock 02?

Mine had 27k which I kinda hesitated over coming from I4's, I really wanted one with lower miles.... but, they are getting so hard to come by for clean ones I ended up jumped on it..

Needless to say she's getting a full fluid swap, filters, plugs etc to bring her up to par..

Still debating on flapper/pair removal
My other one has about 20k miles on it, I agree about the challenge finding low mileage ones these days, even finding clean ones that haven't been abused is becoming more challenging, I looked for quite awhile before finding my other RC. As long as I don't sell I could give a rip about the mileage, so hopefully I'll just do that. :)

Congrats on your new RC, I hope you enjoy it and she treats you well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts