RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was wanting to build a 8hr type tail piece Seen a few and don't like the looks of the pop rivets and bent plastic clear covers. SO I looked for a couple months at different light and this is what I come up with. Plan on mounting them up on the side in the position of the 8hr type position. Let me know what you think. Gonna start cutting the spare tail first of the week!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.262212247174331.64312.100001566732453&type=3 HOOVY

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can't wait to see it done. Definitely should post pictures of it when you finish it. I've been trying to devise a way of creating my own custom tail light as well, so it's good to see that I'm not the only one wanting to make something unique.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks good so far Hoovy. How are you doing? My family and I wish you lot's of canyon carving in the new year.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys !!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY RC51 FAMILY :) :)

Thanks Rugid and safe year of awesome ridingto you and yours :D :D
HOOVY

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY RC51 FAMILY :) :)

Thanks Rugid and safe year of awesome ridingto you and yours :D :D
HOOVY
Happy New Year to you too Hoovy.....hopefully 2012 is the year there is a grande dios meeting of the RC51's closer to your neck of the woods (Maybe Pikeville,m KY or somewhere in Western VA)

Take care.

Nice start to a new look undertail too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Junkie

Hey buddy hope things are good over there. I wish you a safe & speedy return. Thank you for your service !! Sorry for the delay on the report. I cut the tail I had and the bend in the side of the tail won't allow the lenses to sit all the way in the tail section.SO I am in back up mode right now. Kind of dissapointed because I spent a solid week on getting the lights to work, and mounted back in the housing :( :( .
Thinking of trying a similar tail to the 8hr tail and repositioning the lights. OH well I tried !!! The SV 650 lights would have looked great :(
It is supposed to be 60 here today and can't ride :( Too much gravel and crap on the road. :mad: But another warm day is one less cold one !! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bummer on fitment

Thanks for all the support HOOVY. That sucks about it not fitting. I've been pondering using either a 954 or newer gixxer tail light as a base and modifying it to fit. :confused: I like the idea that they had the 954 tail light basically flush mounted stock, they just cleaned up nice when you put an undertail on them. So, I'm thinking of trying to replicate it to my RC and just use the LEDs as you did, but probably making a new base plate for it. It's all ideas right now, but definitely want to make a one off undertail and tail light though. I enjoy having things that most others don't. :cool: I hope you get something together, I'm still interested to see what you come up with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts