60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Damn , this blows

·
Registered
60 Posts
Relax a little guys, just because the owner got into a bit of a legal mess doesn't automatically mean that the doors to a well established business are closing.
He's right. Unless the article said the doors were closed and the business file bankruptcy, etc. assume it's still operational. Even then, a quick phone call would clarify everything as well. I've known the guys there since '99 or so, they'll keep it running as long as they can, and I doubt it will close unless the assets are seized buy the IRS. Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Interesting using the term fraud as I feel it immediately prejudices people to think of this in a particular way, but if you said tax evasion a lot of folks are thinking right on Dan. Of course technically it's correct but......He never defrauded me and I spent a fair amount there over the last 20 years not to mention info thats hard to find and the Zilla suspension seminar back in the day. Negotiate Dan, negotiate!!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Some years ago I learnt that there's apparently nothing in the U.S. constitution that says a man's labour is taxable (& lots of U.S. Citizens have won court cases about this), it's just the way it's been arranged by the government for a long time and accepted by most of the public.

Though I've never had any dealings with him I feel sorry for Dan. I've no experience with the IRS but they'll probably go after everything they can, that's how they roll. Hopefully they won't cause his business to shut down or put him inside & shut his business down.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
honestly being a small business owner myself.....f*ck the IRS.

I get why he did it, his money, his revenue, his business.

as long as the customer walks away satisfied then what the business owner does with his revenue is his business. End of. Especially if they pay in cash.

Pretty much every motorcycle shop (besides a main dealer) ive seen does something similar to this for cash because they are usually barely afloat anyways. Motorcycle industry in the USA is shit comparatively.
Lets not even start the conversation of what a tax/fee-ridden-hippie-land California is; so just keeping up with whatever avocado-tree hugging fee that they shove down your throat is a chore.

I will always give Kyle Racing and LDH my suspension business. they are the best in the biz.

Sucks that he got caught, a good accountant could have found ways to deduct or asset most of it back into the business or bought easily liquid assets to park the cash in without money orders.

basically this is just going to cost him lawyer money and a fine. It aint shit.

·
Registered
221 Posts

...., (edited)

I will always give Kyle Racing and LDH my suspension business. they are the best in the biz.

In full agreement there.
This does not mean he is a crook, or a bad biz man.
He has a great product and sales line, greater staff and even greater customer support and I would never leave that

·
Registered
2,454 Posts

I get why he did it, his money, his revenue, his business.

as long as the customer walks away satisfied then what the business owner does with his revenue is his business. End of. Especially if they pay in cash.

Pretty much every motorcycle shop (besides a main dealer) ive seen does something similar to this for cash because they are usually barely afloat anyways. Motorcycle industry in the USA is shit comparatively.
Lets not even start the conversation of what a tax/fee-ridden-hippie-land California is; so just keeping up with whatever avocado-tree hugging fee that they shove down your throat is a chore.

Sucks that he got caught, a good accountant could have found ways to deduct or asset most of it back into the business or bought easily liquid assets to park the cash in without money orders.

In full agreement there.
This does not mean he is a crook, or a bad biz man.
He has a great product and sales line, greater staff and even greater customer support and I would never leave that
You guys make funny jokes!

How do you think we pay for roads? Military?

(and a bunch of other crap we don't actually need, but I like me some roads, and some military)

·
Registered
241 Posts
man, thats sucks for kyle. hopelly everything gets sorted out properly and he doesnt take too hard on the chin. im definitely getting suspension done through him once finances allow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thread on BARF not so sympathetic to DK

The SF Gate article states that DK has already plead guilty and will be sentenced in August. From what I know about the IRS they will fuck you, a buddy of mine who is familiar with this stuff said DK is going to prison, maybe not 10 years but the structuring charge will assure some jail time...

What is also interesting is that article states DK made employees not issue invoices on cash transactions...an employee must have ratted him out no?

Any thoughts LDH?

Anyways, hope it all works out for DK, most of the cash business' in California do not report a lot of their income ( restaurants etc), and the fed gov is a beast that needs to be starved...but boy do they like to fuck people over who do not pay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts