RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I need some help here...

I acquired a full Akrapovic system for my SP2, it's been around the bend and had the shit kicked out of it.
Having said that I'm in need of one last part to complete...

dansp1 was kind enough to supply a left hand mid! Thanks Dan.
A good guy on Speedzilla and a fellow Canadian has kindly sold me a practically brand new titanium can with the proper size inlet.

So the last piece of the puzzle...I need a right hand mid/link pipe. Please no rash or damage guys and literally the last piece of this puzzle.

I would really appreciate any spares that anyone could let go of.

Regards

·
Registered
729 Posts
Headers are always stainless (maybe a few factory unobtanium Ti headers) link pipes are actually inconel, cans are all Ti

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a full system on ebay in the uk at the moment
Yes I know sir...there is one on eBay US as well, but if I had that right hand mid/link I would have a complete system also. :D

Something will come it always does. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Headers are always stainless (maybe a few factory unobtanium Ti headers) link pipes are actually inconel, cans are all Ti
Aside from the factory race team systems, there was also full titanium system sold by Akrapovic, and the one that came on one of the racer packages (I think it was on the "complete racer").

·
Registered
729 Posts
Aside from the factory race team systems, there was also full titanium system sold by Akrapovic, and the one that came on one of the racer packages (I think it was on the "complete racer").
Hmm, i have never seen any but i would love to be proven wrong.... POIDH :)

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
There was a full titanium system, but it was close to $3000.

The stainless system MSRP was around $2200 back then, but often went for $1800.
Akrapovic discontinued the stainless system around 2008 (I luckily got mine on a closeout special just in the nick of time for $1400, and that was a bargain).

·
Registered
729 Posts

Akrapovic discontinued the stainless system around 2008 (I luckily got mine on a closeout special just in the nick of time for $1400, and that was a bargain).
Love to see some pics of the full Ti headers :)

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Lots of pictures of the titanium systems on the net. A little hard to sift trough everything else, but they are out there. It wasn't a very popular system due to the cost and no real gain vs the stainless system, other than weight loss.

The last of the full titanium systems went on ebay for around $2200. I was very close to pulling the trigger on one and really wish I would have.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Lots of pictures of the titanium systems on the net. A little hard to sift trough everything else, but they are out there. It wasn't a very popular system due to the cost and no real gain vs the stainless system, other than weight loss.

The last of the full titanium systems went on ebay for around $2200. I was very close to pulling the trigger on one and really wish I would have.
Can't find any pics of Akrapovic Ti headers on the net, there is a good reason for this; they never made any, other than maybe for factory teams......
Also mermaids, unicorns and santa claus are fictitious :eek:

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
DuckHunter, Hit me up- for all the Akra parts I had left a couple of weeks ago.
And I have just about emptied the "Parts Closet"(6ft x30ft-walk in closet) in the shop -for all, and every Akrapovic part I have...
Duck, you & I will discuss where the package will be sent....:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts