RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't sleep so figured I'd look for needed parts. Realized that the hole in my snorkel that's been covered with black tape should be addressed. Might even find some missing ponies?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Looks like you were right. Id heard of the flapper valve but assumed it was in the airbox...not in the snorkel. I also thought it was odd that it wasn't throwing codes without the baro sensor. As the "cover" was held on with electrical tape, I should probably tear it back apart and see what the po did with the vacuum line:) Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Looks like you were right. Id heard of the flapper valve but assumed it was in the airbox...not in the snorkel. I also thought it was odd that it wasn't throwing codes without the baro sensor. As the "cover" was held on with electrical tape, I should probably tear it back apart and see what the po did with the vacuum line:) Thanks again!
The vacuum line should go to the left radiator, where a little valve thingy is. The PO on my bike just capped it off there, but the vacuum line runs all the way to the throttle bodies.

For what it's worth, I ran the electrical tape forever on my bike. Much cheaper and lighter than any fancy cover you'll buy, and easier to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts