RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a a Hotbodies undertail kit but i dont wannt chop up my OEM one, so if anyone has a battery tray or undertray from a wrecked bike or an already cut undertray.

im lookin for something so i dont have to chop mine up

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sp2 but I think they are the same

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
For sp2 but I think they are the same
No they're not.
The ECU and relay mount posts are totally different between the two variants.
If you have an SP2, make sure you obtain an SP2 fender.
And if you intend to mount a Hotbodies undertail (or possibly other brands), don't make the mistake of simply cutting straight across the fender.
That's what Hotbodies has you do in their instructions, and it's totally lame.

Instead, make a cut (in the form of an elongated square "U") along the inside edge of the fender, following the subframe rails and then across behind the tool kit holder.
In this way, the fender is fully supported by the front, middle, and rear mounting points as on an uncut fender.
The undertail can then be mounted to the fender areas.

I even went farther and used plastic scrap from the cut to fashion mounting tabs to secure the rear portion of the undertail to the rear fender mounts.
the undertail is solid as a rock with none of that flapping around that would occur with the Hotbodies method.

Makes for a totally stable and secure install, with all your relays fixed to their mounting posts instead of being zip-tied to the subframe or worse, left to bounce around inside.

Search in the forum, I have some photos of how I did mine as an example.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the correction, I just don't wanna chop up mine that's why I'm looking for another

Thanks for the info Subsailor

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i believe his is sp1 but i need sp2

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got one. mods lock it up plz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts