RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my masters used and they didnt come with the brake light switch. anyone got one they arent using?

also if anyone has a one double banjo bolt and one single that are fine pitch (for brembo)

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id like to use the same switch provided by brembo originally as the RCS has a space provided specifically for that type switch.

was just trying to see if anyone that rides track had one they werent using, will most likely source the banjo bolts online

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
id like to use the same switch provided by brembo originally as the RCS has a space provided specifically for that type switch.

was just trying to see if anyone that rides track had one they werent using, will most likely source the banjo bolts online
I got that but since Brembo is making it's parts for track use only, I wouldn't trust their switch for long lasting endurance against the nature's elements for long. Especially moisture.

Didn't mean to patronize you and I'm sorry if I did.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no not at all Makis :D

im just a sucker for OEM brembo, my buddy has the RCS19/16 setup on his street duty hypermotard since 2010 or so and its been working fine I just figured if there is already a place to put the Brembo switch on the RCS, whats the point of using another style when its the same price either way.

I ordered a complete set of Stainless brake lines from CoreMoto and i got the banjos that are for the OEM Honda masters. Im assuming that these will not fit the Brembos the same.

Ive already ordered the LadyBird Res/Stay setup from Simon, should look very nice

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
When I installed my RCS masters on both sides I had a custom brake line kit made for me.
OEM braided brake line for the clutch since I had the OEM master installed.
However, since I had a 2008 CBR1000RR brake master installed, I ordered a CBR1KRR braided pair of brake lines on the front.
I didn't think they could be used on the RCS at first but when I installed the Brembo, turned out the fitted right on.
But if I had the front brake lines made for the RC's OEM master, they would definitely NOT fit to the RCS, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
There are switch kits available, such as the one I fitted to the Accossato BMC to be used on my motard project. It comes with a longer stainless steel pivot bolt and other bits & pieces. It's needlessly expensive though.

Makis is right - the easiest and neatest way to have a switch is via a pressure one that also doubles as a banjo bolt (1.00 thread size, not 1.25 IIRC - check your M/C before ordering).
It's also the cheapest way to do it. Reliable too.

Maybe something like this, if you will use two lines each going from the BMC.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-LIGHT-BANJO-BOLT-W-PRESSURE-SWITCH-10-x-1-00-DB-/281261777747?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417c822353&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im using the banjo bolt switch type on the rear brake, that seems to be alright. I just dont want that feature/space to go to waste on the 19RCS, since there is already a solution from brembo for the same price.

thought i might find someone who was using these on the track and didnt need the brake switch

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Really - For the same price? Can you point me at it please... :)
I don't have a switch on my SP for the clutch. So it won't start unless I have it in neutral, side stand down, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Really - For the same price? Can you point me at it please... :)
I don't have a switch on my SP for the clutch. So it won't start unless I have it in neutral, side stand down, etc.
I had the same problem with the clutch's RCS master so I ordered a banjo bolt switch for it.
When I got it, I tried o install it but it was longer than the master hole's depth so it wouldn't seal the line's banjo. LMAO...

I didn't follow up on it and using the bike as you describe for now.....I will solve this glitch once I get the time though..

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I guess it was more complicated than adding an extra copper washer either side or cutting the banjo shorter? I prefer a switch myself. I can hear it working (With the bike switched off). ;)

Hopefully RC-DEVIL can hook us both up! :)

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Adding more washers on such a powerful master is not an option for me.
Cutting the banjo bolt on the other hand is gonna be my next move if I can't find one in the right length...they are too cheap for me to start sawing threads off it I guess :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
...you said it was the clutch? That's not super high pressure. :p
I wouldn't add extra washers myself, but it would work as a quick & probably permanent (albeit wrong) fix. :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh, yes this is for brake-side. the 16RCS clutch does not have a provision for a switch style like this, you would have to use a banjo/switch but i dont think the RC has a sensor on the clutch right? only on the brake?

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I dunno - I haven't checked TBH. During this year I'll probably get an aftermarket switch kit for my clutch and can let you & Makis know the cost if you want one. I'd expect around $70. Nothing after market is cheap for Brembo & such stuff here in Japan. If I'd known there was such a switch to also fit Accossato I'd have bought one. Ooops - too late! :p

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just checked, there is a switch on the OEM clutch master.....most elegant idea would be the banjo/pressure switch as Makis said.

could have sworn it was only the brake side that had a switch

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Cool. :) Did you order for the clutch too? If so - let us know if it works and Makis & I will probably follow your lead. ;)
Like RC-DEVIL correctly stated, no switch extension on the clutch's lever
(I had to go to my garage and take the shots, so it took me while)

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Makis, are you just leaving the two connectors on the clutch side unplugged? if so, any bad symptoms?

might just leave mine unplugged then too

1 - 20 of 41 Posts