RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a set they want get rid of for an SP2 swingarm?

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anything? The 929/954 and SP2 chain adjusters are the same.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
anything? The 929/954 and SP2 chain adjusters are the same.
If that's the case then, you've just verified what I was wondering. DRIVEN's website says they make axle block sliders for the 954rr but when I talked to them about compatability, they said they never had a RC to test with. That could be an option too. They look great and are well built.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be careful. Had Gilles chain adjusters on my R1. They almost always give a bit after a ride. Not worth it IMHO.
Really?:eek:.....hmmm never have heard anything like that before, but is good to know. I wonder if anyone else has had issues with them, if so, i will probably just stick to OEM.....even though it is pretty damn hard getting everything aligned perfectly. Have any tricks for that?

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry John sometimes i'm a bit slow, so basically this insures that the 2 sprockets and chain are in perfect alignment and therefore the real wheel would have to be straight, otherwise the rear sprocket and chain would be off, right?

This looks like a pretty useful tool to have around, especially if you do a lot of sprocket changes.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like they make a laser one too. Had no idea about this,and here i am sitting in the garage measuring everything out......this would save a lot of time and guarentee alignment. i will be buying one.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
looks like they make a laser one too. Had no idea about this,and here i am sitting in the garage measuring everything out......this would save a lot of time and guarentee alignment. i will be buying one.
OOhhhhhhhh Lasers....:eek::eek::eek::D

I have been using this type for years....lets just say I have certain tools and a garage that people know where certain tools are and stop in to get a few easy adjustments pro bono from time to time.;)

Just glad I haven't sprung for that tire changer yet.:D

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump, anything new or used? still looking for the gilles tooling ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts