RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wtb cylinders

Looking to buy upper crank cylinders. must be in good shape with good compression numbers. mine are out of round and after a few mins idling starting to blow smoke.

have paypal and looking to to buy from the united states only. let me know what you have and a price.

the year of the bike it comes off of makes no difference.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Why not take your motor to a local machine shop and have it bored or sleeved? Im sure you can get oversized pistons for it.

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
The RC51 allows two over-bores, .25mm and .5mm.
However, since the cylinders are integrated into the upper case half, that will entail engine disassembly.
A pain, but fortunately not frequently needed.

If the engine has already been bored to .5mm max OEM limit, you can send your case half to Millenium Technologies and have them coat the cylinders with Nikasil back to std. OEM diameter.

Or, you can scout around for someone selling a used RC51 engine in good condition.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
The RC51 allows two over-bores, .25mm and .5mm.
However, since the cylinders are integrated into the upper case half, that will entail engine disassembly.
A pain, but fortunately not frequently needed.

If the engine has already been bored to .5mm max OEM limit, you can send your case half to Millenium Technologies and have them coat the cylinders with Nikasil back to std. OEM diameter.

Or, you can scout around for someone selling a used RC51 engine in good condition.
That's the only fixes that are sound...used pistons, rings and mating surfaces are just a recipe for headaches.

I'm a firm believer in fixing it right the first time, seems everytime I try to cut a corner and save a few bucks...I wind up paying more to fix the crap I went cheap on.

Not worth it...to me at least.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Looking to buy upper crank cylinders. must be in good shape with good compression numbers. mine are out of round and after a few mins idling starting to blow smoke.

have paypal and looking to to buy from the united states only. let me know what you have and a price.

the year of the bike it comes off of makes no difference.
www.rc51parts.com.....see what Ben has laying around.;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
But if after all is said and done and you still want what you want.

I have have what you need. Engine had about 9k miles on it when it was hit by car and broken the lower case. Top half still good. Pistons still in top half.

Make me an offer on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts