RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, I heard opposite but good to know I've never had one. I'm having a hell of time with popping back down from 2nd to neutral and occational false neutrals probally due to lazy shifting not a lot but waaaaay more than any other bike I've ever had.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eh I got mine on ebay for 167 shipped, I did read around somewhat and people have reported a hard to find neutral. I domt have a problem finding it works great. This shifts are firmer which takes a little getting used to but once you move the shifter it pops into place with a short positive throw. Completely got rid of my dropping back down from 2nd into neutral. It's kinda a pain in the ass to get in the first time but I could do it faster now that Ive done it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel a bit pricey considering what you get but R and D has great value and I was impressed with the stuff. The bearing idea, genius idk how much the different profile star plays into it seams like a bearing and spring do alot of it to me but back to the R and D I dunno. Works great.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
i think that most of it is in the detent arm and spring.

you can buy parts individually from factory pro, it'd be worth trying just the spring and arm with the stock star

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey nitro, what bike did that shift star come out of? Have a look at mine there's a pic under my thread in the sp2 discussion area. My OEM didn't have that sharp of angles as the one you pictured. My FP is different I posted a side by side like you did but my OEM out of a sp2 dosent look the one you posted?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts