RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after a set of standard/factory mufflers for my 2000 SP1.I live in New Zealand and there are NO good used sets for sale here,so if you have a set you wish to sell and dont mind sending to New Zealand get in touch.:)

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
check ebay, there have been a few sets on there for 50-100 dollars US. most sellers will ship internationally and honestly shipping costs are not that bad. they pop up time to time from someone clearing out a garage and offer both cans for 40 bucks. not a big market for stock cans. if i had mine i'd give them to you. come spring time i will have some arrow cans if youd want those.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am after a set of standard/factory mufflers for my 2000 SP1.I live in New Zealand and there are NO good used sets for sale here,so if you have a set you wish to sell and dont mind sending to New Zealand get in touch.:)
i do have a pair but i am kuala lumpur malaysia.they have literally not been in use since i bought the bike used 4 years ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was after a set of standard mufflers as here in New Zealand, every 6 months all bikes cars etc have to pass a road worthy test, they really pick on bikes that are to loud, my RC is very loud and wont pass, so the easy way is to pass with stock pipes, then swap back to the nice loud pipes.However I made a set of baffles to fit the loud pipes that have passed the noise test so problem solved.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Just buy some muffler packing material and shove it down the pipes for the test. It will blow out after a day.
That's awesome! I knew the park rangers would be out and about, so I stuffed some house screen down the muffler outlet of my CR250 to try to pass as a spark arrester. It worked!!! I got a funny look, but no words...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, shipping fron USA to New Zealand has got very expensive, a set of factory mufflers are very heavy and bulky, so at this time not worth it, thanks anyway though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts