RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I know I can get em at Kyle Racing, but I'm checking to see if any of you folks have the diaphragm cover for the flapper mod and the block off plates for the pair mod before I hit up Kyle Racing. Thanks fellas!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Duct tape works for the flapper mod. I went to a hardware store a bought a tin cover about an 1 3/8" dia. With a guzillion tabs underneath, that's about $.85 from lowes. Price could be different. As for durability I've had it for more than 12months and it holds up fine, looks better than tape too ImageUploadedByMO Free1360045510.095930.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1360045535.080262.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
203 Posts
^this, for the flap and you can plug the pair caps with jbweld or something similar, I havnt done the pair, figured id do my part and help keep la air clean...ha. I to have been looking for a cheap nice way to plug the flap, .85 cents seems like a good idea...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the replies. I went ahead and ordered the Kyle Racing block off plates. JusAnadaMexican, I remember seeing your post a few weeks ago. I'm gonna try it out. In the meantime, I'm still open to anyone selling the thicker flapper mod covers. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
+ 1 here with the T.P.O stuff.....I had the flapper block off, before the T1 C.Snorkle.....
And I have T.P.O pair blocks...not installed.....I had fabricated my own years ago. I am waiting for the rare chance I stumble upon a "set" F/R of Aussie Valve covers.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duckhunter.. I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds good! Haha.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
+ 1 here with the T.P.O stuff.....I had the flapper block off, before the T1 C.Snorkle.....
And I have T.P.O pair blocks...not installed.....I had fabricated my own years ago. I am waiting for the rare chance I stumble upon a "set" F/R of Aussie Valve covers.
Duckhunter.. I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds good! Haha.
He's talking about the link I posted, for the block offs and the flapper block off.

The brand is TPO $40 all said and done, clean and professional.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's talking about the link I posted, for the block offs and the flapper block off.

The brand is TPO $40 all said and done, clean and professional.
Lol thanks nobody. I pretty much got that part. I was referring to the snorkel and valve covers. Never researched those so I had no idea what he was talking about. Soo.. Yea... TPO is the way to go.. Got it. Haha
Like I said, got my block off plates. Going to try the lowes cover option. And if anyone else has a flapper mod cover they wanna sell, I'm interested.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Ok, The Snorkle is now UN-Obtanium.....1st of all.....If you find one let me know, I want a new one.
Back to the snorkle, It is made by TurnOne Carbon Products Australia by a chap named Brett, Great RC guru all around...but moved onto newer things.
It's a very nice piece of hand layed Carbon Fiber.

The Aussie valve covers are also like searching for something that does not exist. AGAIN...If you find them, let me know !! HAHA !!
They have NO pair valve provisions at all as the Aussie bikes did not have pair systems from factory.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I may know of a snorkel and full carbon Mori air box...
:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:
Information please... VIA p.m of course...We know those Magpies are always watching.....:rolleyes::D

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
I have to email him again...this stuff is not cheap though, full carbon Mori airbox is brand new as for the snorkel Idk if it's new or not.

I have spoken to him in about a year but hang tough and I'll see if he gets back to me.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I have to email him again...this stuff is not cheap though, full carbon Mori airbox is brand new as for the snorkel Idk if it's new or not.

I have spoken to him in about a year but hang tough and I'll see if he gets back to me.
I know the full carbon Mori box is not cheap..... Last one I saw new was $1000. That was on Zilla....think it's still there too....same one ???:confused:
Snorkle should not be more then a certain number in my head....I know what I paid for mine new from Brett.
I'm Patient buddy, most of the time.....I am focused on other things right now too as far as parts.
still very interested.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts