RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of heli bars for my 2004 RC51. Would prefer new but good used ones will be considered. I think it's part # HB9951. thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
good luck, they are apparently hard to find for some reason. I have a set and love em.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea--I know--that's why I'm trying here to see if anyone might have a set in their garage they want to part with

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
575 Posts
remember the bike wont handle as good with them on ,,

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I bought a RC that the owner had been using as a Sport-tour. Seem to be a logical person. He had used a Later model VFR OEM handle bars as raisers.. I wasn't convenienced. So, I installed on a spare set of SP2 forks I had hanging on the wall..
The set worked.. In opinions...

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Why's that?
Geometry / Physics - Where the bars are set in the forks, is where "The Master" designer/engineer did the math and found the angle of the bars, and position- had the best "Leverage" to move the wheel, and still have feeback from the suspension..
Note- That the clip-ons are just below the upper triple. Put the Raisers on - Putting the 'Leverage" above, and at the end (or top) of the forks..-There is the Physics answer.
The riders position "Geometry" is changed.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Geometry / Physics - Where the bars are set in the forks, is where "The Master" designer/engineer did the math and found the angle of the bars, and position- had the best "Leverage" to move the wheel, and still have feeback from the suspension..
Note- That the clip-ons are just below the upper triple. Put the Raisers on - Putting the 'Leverage" above, and at the end (or top) of the forks..-There is the Physics answer.
The riders position "Geometry" is changed.
I think you are nuking it.

The small change in leverage that might be generated by moving the bars up or down doesn't really matter. The change will be much greater by moving the grips out or in towards the forks/steering stem. Up/down or forward/backward doesn't really do much. You can make the same amount of change with regards to rider position by having a change in the footpegs location or by having a 6-foot-5 guy vs a 5-foot-nothing guy on the bike.

I personally think that the bars location was just an afterthought, and that they were probably designed with the constraints of the bodywork in mind, and in a neutral position in regards to rider size.

(Subsailor will probably be the only one here who gets that first part)

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Not sure if you found a set yet, but mine will be up for sale soon. They are straight with no issues. Just the normal wear and tear of 10 year old clip ons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts