RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Checked with my friend, and he sold it soon after we talked and he mentioned it.
He also said the buyer promptly trashed it. So it's toast.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Oh boy, I saw a nice first year green model ('89?) on C/L about a year ago. Dude was asking $3100.00, but it was all original, and gorgeous. Had I the dry powder at the time, I would have snagged it. Can't believe it took weeks for him to sell it. A few months ago, this R-1 came up on C/L as well. It was being sold by a Harley Dealer in Central Ca. for 5 grand. 1300 original miles. Some fool traded it in on a Harley, and probably got $2500.00 trade in value on it. I saved the pic, cause the bike is so beautiful!

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh boy, I saw a nice first year green model ('89?) on C/L about a year ago. Dude was asking $3100.00, but it was all original, and gorgeous. Had I the dry powder at the time, I would have snagged it. Can't believe it took weeks for him to sell it. A few months ago, this R-1 came up on C/L as well. It was being sold by a Harley Dealer in Central Ca. for 5 grand. 1300 original miles. Some fool traded it in on a Harley, and probably got $2500.00 trade in value on it. I saved the pic, cause the bike is so beautiful!

The older sportbikes are really appealing to me lately. That r1 is in great shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Yeah, while that R1 shows the beginnings of the sharp edges, and the "Transformer" Look, it's still old enough to have some classic curves, and nowhere near as bad as the bikes today. Those old ZX-7's were just awesome looking. I like the vintage, round fairings and tail pieces.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agreed on the old bikes being awesome. Love the oil cooled gsxr and Hoover tube zx7. Here’s a pic of where I’m at

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hey there all. That’s actually a pic of my 1994 ZX7 I had listed for sale. The off color for 1993 was the candywine with black frame. I am planning to put 2 of my 3 1994s up for sale this spring. All have excellent to good fairings and one is OEM with only 6900 miles. Any of which would be great recipients of that H2 motor. If I can figure out how, I’ll upload pics of my bikes, including my custom RC51 of course.

Ritz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Hey there all. That’s actually a pic of my 1994 ZX7 I had listed for sale. The off color for 1993 was the candywine with black frame. I am planning to put 2 of my 3 1994s up for sale this spring. All have excellent to good fairings and one is OEM with only 6900 miles. Any of which would be great recipients of that H2 motor. If I can figure out how, I’ll upload pics of my bikes, including my custom RC51 of course.

Ritz
Give me a headsup when you put them up for sale. May be interesed in one.

Nick

·
Premium Member
290 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Afternoon everyone. So thanks for everyone’s help. I ended up just buying a 90 frame and will build it up piece by piece.

The rc tail is just on there for grins right now. But surprisingly is flows pretty nicely on it

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
The older sportbikes are really appealing to me lately. That r1 is in great shape

I caught a little of the Mecum Motorcycle auction last week end. A 1991 ZX7R was on the block. Lime Green, all original condition. Bike sold for $27,000.00! The guy who had the winning bid was jumping up and down like he just hit the Lotto.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts