RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I lowsided my rc last night in atlanta, not too much damage but I will be needing some parts, is there anywhere that sells new oem farings? I also need a left side jardine slip on and probly some more stuff. I'll give it a good look over tonight and make a list of the little things I need, thanks

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Oh, man, ouch...
Sorry to hear about that. How'd it happen?
Sounds like you're ok?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I was going about 45mph getting off an I75 exit when I hit some dirt in the turn and the back end slid out and I wasn't able to save it. I'm not hurt too bad just a little rash and bruising, The bike is a little scuffed up on the left side but nothing major, posting pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Thanks guys, I was going about 45mph getting off an I75 exit when I hit some dirt in the turn and the back end slid out and I wasn't able to save it. I'm not hurt too bad just a little rash and bruising, The bike is a little scuffed upon the left side but nothing major, posting pics tomorrow.
Did someone import some dirt to Georgia? Last I knew they had red sand.:D

Glad you are okay too. Take care.:cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did someone import some dirt to Georgia? Last I knew they had red sand.:D

Glad you are okay too. Take care.:cool:
lol actually its red clay but once it dries out its red dirt :D, does anyone know if the new oem lower and upper fairing set comes painted with stickers?

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Glad your ok ......... Yes all OEM has the required stickers for the 04

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Will be buying all the faring new from honda since insurance is paying for it:D looking for a like new jardine can or cans, wtb mid piipes for regular jardine slip ons, and maybe shift linkage, shifter and pegs insurance should be paying out soon, ill keep it updated

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Looks to me that rear set is bent....maybe have to settle for the cheaper Sato set from Dan Kyle...;)

Did someone take a dump on that turn signal??? Holy shit that plastic got warm....:eek:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spoke with the insurance company this morning, they are wanting to total it because est. damages is around 3500-4000 and they wont go over 70% of the kbb value witch is bs at 5280, i know i overpaid a little at 6500 but i wanted a show room quality like new 1 owner good service records, no nicks or imperfections anywhere on the bike and thats what i got. Will be contacting a lawyer if they dont change their tune.
Sorry for the rant, but what would be the most accurate Nicky Hayden tribute exhaust ? ie: i dont have 3k to spend on exhaust so im talking looks, Jardine Carbon slip ons or Akro? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
RB.. I can fix that mid pipe (Not perfect) and that can is not as bad a it seems, I could fix that appearance too.
photos of the Sato slip-ons I fixed.. And your in a close enough state(we probably hear the same banjos)
As far as the plastic goes... your kind of there.. $373 for the upper, and $481.00 for the lower. is the cheapest i could find for you..
Also the rearset.. I have a couple of extra sof those (removed from 2003, to replace with Sato rearset)
Let me know -if I can help... Insurance company has the upper hand - Just don't let them total the bike an give you the(the finger) salavage title.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Chaos did you get a suitable replacement sleeve or just trimmed them? Also what type an size rivets did you use?

Sorry to hear about what the insurance co is suggesting, you know how it is with those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Spoke with the insurance company this morning, they are wanting to total it because est. damages is around 3500-4000 and they wont go over 70% of the kbb value witch is bs at 5280, i know i overpaid a little at 6500 but i wanted a show room quality like new 1 owner good service records, no nicks or imperfections anywhere on the bike and thats what i got. Will be contacting a lawyer if they dont change their tune.
Sorry for the rant, but what would be the most accurate Nicky Hayden tribute exhaust ? ie: i dont have 3k to spend on exhaust so im talking looks, Jardine Carbon slip ons or Akro? Thanks guys
There was a picture floating around that had a 2-1 but it was also a high mount that came from the brake side up and under the seat and exiting out to the left side. Don't know if it was Hayden's bike though...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RB.. I can fix that mid pipe (Not perfect) and that can is not as bad a it seems, I could fix that appearance too.
photos of the Sato slip-ons I fixed.. And your in a close enough state(we probably hear the same banjos)
As far as the plastic goes... your kind of there.. $373 for the upper, and $481.00 for the lower. is the cheapest i could find for you..
Also the rearset.. I have a couple of extra sof those (removed from 2003, to replace with Sato rearset)
Let me know -if I can help... Insurance company has the upper hand - Just don't let them total the bike an give you the(the finger) salavage title.
Thanks man that would help out alot, do u trim the cans ? If so I would probably send both to just make then a little louder. I don't have any experiance with the jardine cans, I assume the have a baffle or baffle material in them, how loud would it be with it removed, I don't want to be heard sevral states over but a little louder than now.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
To answer the "TRIM" the cans question... ON this set of Satos, no. Built the damaged area -back up even.. Rotated the trim/beauty strip. Tig welded the metal damage, then worked back to a polished luster on the buffing wheels..
No I did not order a replacement sleeve, and the rivets were removed /and measured and locally bought... Stainless Steel..
As stated before... The repair is not , in anyway perfect(IMO) .. Yet on the bike, there is no leaks . and you would have to take the exhaust back off the bike to see the signs of repair..

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Uh...lawyers and insurance companies, they suck but both are necessary sometimes.:rolleyes:

Unless you had replacement costs as part of your premium, you should just settle and look for another bike, imo.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts