RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only the 4th ride out on my new girl and a buddies bike fell over onto mine and dented the tank. NOT very happy. In any event, looking for a mint Nicky Hayden fuel tank, no dents, no scratches. Not sure if any other years are the same color combination? If so, I would be interested and then would source the appropriate signature decal or have them made.

I'm going to see if they are still available through Honda, but I would be happy with a used quality tank.

Let me know what you have!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
with their age, mint 04 tanks don't really come up for sale. There is a recent 04 partout here (not much info on tank condition), and I believe other years will work and then used cost is much more amenable and you can do the 2nd option you mentioned.

It is still available new. CAD dealer price is something like $800 plus tax.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is still available new. CAD dealer price is something like $800 plus tax.
It's a long shot I know. I have the VIN into my local dealer and he is a good guy, he said he should be able to get it down to $650 for me. The dent isn't really all that bad, not creases and the paint wasn't harmed at all. I'm just a bit obsessive and want it perfect, so if I have to I will buy an OEM and then have the dents pulled and sell it or keep it as a spare.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
paintless dent repair. A good one does miracles. I'd try that first. Find one trained and certified. See who the local car dealers use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
paintless dent repair. A good one does miracles. I'd try that first. Find one trained and certified. See who the local car dealers use.

Looked into it and couldn't find anyone local to Ottawa.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may part out my second 2004 NH replica.....I'll see if I have a small photo to post here..... has a CF nut/knee guard on it (scotts' old bike).
I thin I now have the tank covered ... one on its way. Is that the bike that is being parted? How much for the forks?

·
Registered
650 Posts
HA HA...No, that bike was combined with my other RC to make one like I wanted...I do have a second RC that I MAY part out, depending...I lost my title transferring my bike across country and its a PITA to work with CA and get a new title, especially when the old owner never transferred the paperwork 2 yrs ago!

Anyone need a 2004 track bike w/o title???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts