RC51 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
The tough part is obtaining the fairing stay. Can I ask why you are leaning towards the linear damper opposed to a rotary such as a Scotts? I have a linear on my 929 and a rotary on my RC.

·
Registered
2001 RC51, 2018 Aprilia Tuono
50 Posts
I have a fairing stay and the bracket underneath somewhere, came on my bike minus the actual damper and other fittings and have since been replaced with an SP-2 stay and Scotts damper. I don't know 100% if they're Ohlins, but they look identical to the photo. Neither are mint, but they're straight if anyone is interested. I can post up pics with dimensions...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I prefer the top mount, similar to my other bikes all with top mount linear dampers..

@ptensioned I am interested if you could post a few pictures or I can pm you my # if text is easier or email.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
If you need to purchase the damper, give Kyle Racing a call. Always great service and prices. I have two complete suspension setups from them plus the linear damper which was in stock in titanium and black.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Harris Performance use to make a fitting kit for top mount Ohlins, maybe they still make it. i have one on my bike, its very period-correct/nice

·
Registered
131 Posts
^ These bikes are starting to become collectible, drilling a hole into the frame to mount a steering damper, would be worse than drilling OEM fairings to mount frame sliders. It was common back in the day, but the red/silver fairings are not available new anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
hope you got sorted out, sent a buddy your way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts