RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for a set of front forks.

I bought one from ebay and it turns out the whole fork was bent.:mad:

If you have a straight set in good condition, please let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any difference?

I know the brake brackets changed a little but I thought the forks were exactly the same.

It's for a vintage bike with a modern twist.

The bent ones I had mounted were 00 - 01 so I believe that is SP1 but I know my brake calipers/rotors/wheel are SP2 because it was off a Nicky Hayden rc51.

Attached a photo as reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha thanks. It's not as fast as a real RC(obviously) but it's been a fun build. One of my forks was leaking so I took it to change the seal. It turned out the forks were so mangled inside we couldn't even push them back together. The bike must of rolled around for a few days to bend them so much.

My fault for not noticing as the outers looked slightly bent (no creases though). But now I'm sad as the last few days of warmth is coming to an end and my bikes missing a front end :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My original forks were 00-01 So I guess I am looking for SP1 forks.

If the SP2 are the same OD and will fit the brakes then I am open to those at well.

k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes interested in the Ohlins. Any details/photos?

The bike is a 1980 -- kind of.

RC51 front with custom trees.

Rear swing arm is from a 2001 blackbird. Originally I had a rc51 rear wheel in there but the 6in wheel was too wide. If I centered the wheel the chain went into the frame.

So found a cbr wheel with the same axle size but 5.5wide. The chain is close but it's got enough room. Wish the rear was the nicky hayden wheel though. I had them powdered the same color but the 5spoke just looks so much cooler.

Still needs a lot of work but hell did I learn a lot. (Like test ebay products haha)

I think once Im done I might try to get a real rc51, just dreaming about the power that thing must have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey 1971, I'm very interested. Sent you a PM with my email.

Could you send me photos/price tonight.

Otherwise will go with another set from this forum. Just think the gold upper tubes would be perfect.

email is ghost [at] kacperlarski.com

Thanks mate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts