RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry had to lay the bike down bc someone pulled out and side swiped me. just the part ur toe hits to shift. it folded up. im open to any suggestions. i dont know much about the quick shifters.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Funny you say that- I used a bolt until the spigot came from england. No US distributor would get that part for me and I had to order it from Harris in UK. Took 2 months to get here. :rolleyes:
Can't find my spare but I never realised that the "toe peg" was a separate piece.:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Or just buy this and have GP shift.

Honda OEM Reverse shift lever (GP Pattern)
24701-MAT-000 SHIFT, GEAR PEDAL
24781-KR3-770 RUBBER, SHIFT PEDAL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wingnutt thats exactly what i need but im pretty sure my linkage is fine. i just need the whole shifter i didnt realize it was two pieces where the toe piece connects to the other shaft. i need the whole thing not just the toe piece . thanks for the example pic.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
wingnutt thats exactly what i need but im pretty sure my linkage is fine. i just need the whole shifter i didnt realize it was two pieces where the toe piece connects to the other shaft. i need the whole thing not just the toe piece . thanks for the example pic.
We are here to help and someone here has one, most have aftermarket rearsets.;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tell me more about the after market rearsets. im completly open to suggestions. i dont know anything about them .

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
tell me more about the after market rearsets. im completly open to suggestions. i dont know anything about them .
They have solid pegs and usually several positions to locate the peg for your preference also the shift linkages are quality and provide better feel.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I have a GP shifter I just got from someone here, it's just a VFR 800 shift lever. My stock RC lever is a bit bent but rideable, that's why I went with a GP style for a bit until I could get some new rear sets.

Let me know if you are open to try it. (GP shift)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts