RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased used 2001 RC with fender eliminator. Love the way it looks, but dislike the dangers involved in having taillights shining down instead of back. Seems to be a focal point for local PD to bust my chops as well. I would prefer to go back to the OEM shovel fender for safety and convenience. This seems to be the impossible dream as I've been looking for one for the last two months to no avail.

If you have one, or can at least point me in the right direction, please let me know. Doesn't have to be pretty, and don't mind if it's slightly modified in some form. I just want the taillights to shine straight back and be able to put some big old stock blinkers back on.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Not sure its of any help....

but I have an OEM license plate mount/light bracket I'd like to get rid of cheap.

AG

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Purchased used 2001 RC with fender eliminator. Love the way it looks, but dislike the dangers involved in having taillights shining down instead of back. Seems to be a focal point for local PD to bust my chops as well. I would prefer to go back to the OEM shovel fender for safety and convenience. This seems to be the impossible dream as I've been looking for one for the last two months to no avail.

If you have one, or can at least point me in the right direction, please let me know. Doesn't have to be pretty, and don't mind if it's slightly modified in some form. I just want the taillights to shine straight back and be able to put some big old stock blinkers back on.
You can always replace the lights to a brighter alternative....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up finding the tray on ebay (majority of a tray) missing the license plate and light mount. Luckily I was able to at least get the taillights pointing in the right direction, the trunk lock moved, and the blinkers into the open a little further. Now I just need a better solution for my license plate over zipties. Just need to find a clean solution before I start messing around with L brackets and everything else. :)

Thanks for the help though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts