RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're in need of some forks for Carlos' project.

MakisRC51 has kindly offered his SP2 forks on the understanding they may not be available till end of May and he won't know for sure he can let them go until he has the Aprilia RSV Ohlins working. Totally understandable.

We've got pretty much everything else we need, but these are the primary item we should fit to make sure the frame's straight. I could take mine off and fit to Carlos, but we only have one set of stands and besides, I really don't want to keep taking my bike apart to progress his project - that was never the plan and it's spring now!

So I checked with Makis and he's said it's fine if we can find other forks meantime.

Have seen the offerings on Ebay and it's either junk or over-priced goods whose description keeps changing, offered by one dubious character.:rolleyes:

We've had such great help from members - I'd far rather deal with someone on here when possible, really.

So I'm putting this thread up specifically about forks only - in case anybody knows of a pair that may be going. Don't want bent ones, or badly rashed either. Cash is waiting for the right pair.

In the event we don't find any, then we'll wait patiently for Makis to complete his project.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up tactikool, I've PM'd him but his asking price is a bit much so we'll see I guess..

There's also a set on Ebay but it's GPcommander (zilla) offering those and that's not the sort of guy I'd want to do any business with...

Have also had a PM from a good guy I've recently dealt with on here. I'm hoping a mutually workable deal can be struck ;)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Sweet...where did you find them?
The set on zilla. From Super....
I have bought from him and helped him to move a few items, so... he lowered his price to make it work for Stig and Carlos... I just had to tell him they were friends of mine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Duckmeister for coming through for us again. I've been in touch via the e-mail you pm'd & he's replied, so another mail sent back & hopefully we'll have a deal before long. Will be so cool to finally begin piecing all the parts together.

Once everything's here (Will probably take a few weeks, as I don't want to make the 300km 4+ hour round trip to pick parts more than once!) we'll lay them all out on the drive and take some pictures. Then the actual work will begin. So looking forward to the finished result. Carlos will have the biggest smile... (Under a bucket) :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to say - thanks to Duckhunter putting me in touch with Michael, the deal's been signed & sealed already. I'm told the forks will be on their way today.
Sorry to Makis for not waiting till his project is finished to buy his - but we'll make it up & send him some spare bits he needs anyways. :)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Just to say - thanks to Duckhunter putting me in touch with Michael, the deal's been signed & sealed already. I'm told the forks will be on their way today.
Sorry to Makis for not waiting till his project is finished to buy his - but we'll make it up & send him some spare bits he needs anyways. :)
AWESOME !!!!
So happy I could help out three of my friends. Makis sorry to cut your grass my brother from Greece. But you know how it goes.... We bikers are not patient people with summer coming up fast LOL !!!! :D
Again, glad I could help you and Carlos out Stig.... great stuff.:);):cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
AWESOME !!!!
So happy I could help out three of my friends. Makis sorry to cut your grass my brother from Greece. But you know how it goes.... We bikers are not patient people with summer coming up fast LOL !!!! :D
Again, glad I could help you and Carlos out Stig.... great stuff.:);):cool:
Thanks Duckhunter for the help, really looking forward to having the forks on the bike! 👍👏

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm all done now, forks posted out yesterday & on their way thanks.
I'm sure you'll sell your's when you're ready SwiftTone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts