RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have sold my SP1 forks and have located and bought some minty SP2 forks...
I need a set of MINT SP2 lower fork sliders to be sent off for coating.

PM me
:)
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Now that I have sold my SP1 forks and have located and bought some minty SP2 forks...
I need a set of MINT SP2 lower fork sliders to be sent off for coating.

PM me
:)
What kind of coating? You should look into getting new sliders from TNK. Racetech sells them. They might have what you are looking for at a better price.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
TNK sounds like the best solution for you, Duckhunter - since you won't have to take apart the original lower cast sections from the tubes. Just buy the TNK coated tubes & fit the S&P lowers! Then get some cartridges and you'll be all set, ready for 108mm radial calipers. :D

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestion guys, sent off an email for an estimate for the sliders pictured and all the work I want done, I think I am gonna get the upper tubes re anodized as well while it is all apart.
I am going with gold anodizing of course... this will be a total Ohlins wannabe fork when done lol :rolleyes::D
Hope the truck sells then I can afford the 30mm kit, if not a 20mm for sure.
Now to locate some used 108 radial calipers from some where :confused::)

I will post up the cost of the work when I hear back. It will still be cheaper then Ohlins forks and perform good enough for me I'm sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
...Now to locate some used 108 radial calipers from some where :confused::)
Patience is a virtue :D

But if you need some fast, there's a lot of choice of other used 108mm calipers.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I got this back from Reactive Suspension.
This estimate is to do the following work.
- Ti N coating on lower sliders
- Re-anodizing t upper tubes in gold color
- Installing the S&P radial lowers
- New oil/dust seals and new bushings as well.

Not too bad really, It includes the return shipping to me as well.
What do you fine gents think ??
I know it is the UK but my friend used these guys last year and he was absolutely tickled when he got them back.

From Reactive,
Hi Matt,

You’d be looking at a cost of £565 with the return delivery to have all the work carried and the forks rebuilt with new bushes and seals.

All the best,
Gareth Evans
Reactive Suspension
01347 811529

www.reactivesuspension.com

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I'd still go with TNK sliders. It'll cost you half the money then. You probably only need new oil & dust seals since the rest is normally immersed in oil throughout it's use & your forks don't look high mileage in the pics.
Fitting the S&P lowers won't be all that difficult on new sliders. It's removing old ones that takes time & effort.
As for the uppers, do they really need re-anodising? Remember they're mostly concealed when not in use anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd still go with TNK sliders. It'll cost you half the money then. You probably only need new oil & dust seals since the rest is normally immersed in oil throughout it's use & your forks don't look high mileage in the pics.
Fitting the S&P lowers won't be all that difficult on new sliders. It's removing old ones that takes time & effort.
As for the uppers, do they really need re-anodising? Remember they're mostly concealed when not in use anyways.
I am still waiting for an email back from RaceTech in regards to the TNK sliders with Ti N coating.
The sp2 forks I am getting have over 20,000km's on them which is really not all that much.
As you all are aware I have a fetish for "gold" so yes... if I were to send them all the way to the UK for the work outlined I would have like to have the upper tubes done too as they do have some noticeable scratches on them and they do bother me, lol.
I will know more ( price wise ) when RaceTech gets back to me... my main focus is the front forks right now and I am just feeling around the market if you will.
I'll post up the response from RaceTech as well.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
If your uppers are the darker brown color, the gold anodizing may not turn out as you'd like. I'd be sure and send them a picture of what you have now, and what you want and ask them if it is doable. They may have to strip your tubes before re-anodizing them.

I think a set of forks from the 05-06 models would take the gold much better since they are a much lighter color to begin with.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am going to email him back some photos and see what he says.
Good point on that b.miller.
I have a bunch of emails out right now looking at options.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts