RC51 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where to get Wurth chain lube in the US? I've read on other forums this stuff is the hot ticket, what other brands are you guys using? Thanks

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Maxima chain wax. Not as messy as lube.
Not sure if you have ever heard of a company called Sidewinder. They started out making sprockets for dirt bikes. In 98, they also made chains they claimed were unbreakable. I bought two of them. I used the chain wax all the time. After breaking both of the chains in one summer, I sent them back. The company claimed the wax did not properly lube the chain and they would not honor the guaranty. I then started Using DID chains and the wax. Never had a problem again. I think wax is fine. What you really are lubing is the side plates and the contact surface between the chain and sprockets. The pins are sealed with their own lube. If the wax is applied with the chain being warm, the wax will penetrate the side plates and rollers just fine. Sidewinder disagreed.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and the particulars of proper application. It seems that they were looking for an excuse to not validate their own product's warranty. Kinda stinks, to say the least. Frankly, I started using wax for selfish reasons: I hate cleaning up after having an oily chain give the wheel and swing arm a bath...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use DuPont teflon multi-use dry wax lubricant. It is aresol, works great and is available at any lowes or home depot for around $10.00. I think it's the bees knees.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I use DuPont teflon multi-use dry wax lubricant. It is aresol, works great and is available at any lowes or home depot for around $10.00. I think it's the bees knees.
They also have their DuPont self-cleaning chain lube as well.
It maintains a slightly wet consistency after application.
I can say it doesn't sling hardly at all.

Prior to that I was using Motorex Race with Teflon.
That seemed to be pretty good chain lube.
Best applied when the chain is good and warm.

As for chains, clean 'em, lube 'em, properly adjust 'em and they'll almost last forever.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
They also have their DuPont self-cleaning chain lube as well.
It maintains a slightly wet consistency after application.
I can say it doesn't sling hardly at all.

Prior to that I was using Motorex Race with Teflon.
That seemed to be pretty good chain lube.
Best applied when the chain is good and warm.

As for chains, clean 'em, lube 'em, properly adjust 'em and they'll almost last forever.
Sub,
Where are you finding it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm also using the DuPont Multi-Use Teflon spray (the blue can). I buy mine from Midway Auto Supply online. Great stuff. It barely flings and it barely picks up grit and grime, which I think is a bigger killer of chains than having the crap lubed out of it with any kind of lube that is more prone to pick up dirt easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts